Producer Weekends (English Services) - EDM00541
Producer, Weekends (English Services) - EDM00541
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
You have fresh ideas and technical expertise to create the quality programming Canadians have come to expect from us. As an outside-the-box thinker, you are someone who is always ready to explore new ways of creating content that is as distinctive, intelligent and innovative as the people we look to hire.
CBC News Edmonton is looking for an all platform producer who thrives on the challenge of daily deadlines and of covering breaking news. The successful candidate for this position is a top-notch assignment producer, with lots of leadership skills, a flair for writing and a passion for local news.
This is a permanent part time position that is assigned to Friday, Saturday and Sunday shifts.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- University degree in journalism or in another related field.
- Five years' experience of which three must involve work in broadcasting or a closely related industry.
- Demonstrated digital news knowledge and experience.
- Initiates story ideas and translates those ideas into on-air segments.
- Demonstrated writing and vetting skills with the ability to make significant editorial adjustments at the last minute.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate complex material within a tight time frame and interprets it for our audience.
- Demonstrated experience producing a live television news program. Must be capable of original and creative thought in the production of television news.
- Demonstrated team leader with solid people skills who can direct, perform and delegate assignments across editorial, production and technical lines in daily news environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time under the pressure of breaking and sometimes highly technical news, and still maintain a cooperative relationship with colleagues.
- Innovative, flexible and must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a high pressure, tight deadline environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/588eb09be1e9c279c247708c/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Jan 30, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)