The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Feb 24, 2017!
Assistant Editor Advisor GroupFeatured
Assistant Editor, Advisor Group
Reports to: Editor, Advisor Group
Direct reports: none
Why join Advisor Group? We’re a team of passionate, award-winning financial journalists who come to work every day excited to inform and investigate. Through our print and online properties, we reach tens of thousands of financial advisors across Canada and beyond.
At Advisor Group, you’ll be empowered to explore topics that matter to you – be they economic trends, real estate, or the intricacies of the Income Tax Act. You’ll speak to CEOs, economists, investment gurus, accountants, politicians, policymakers, and of course, financial advisors. On occasion, we’ve even spoken to movie producers, NHLers and professional scuba divers.
Best of all, you’ll be joining an established, industry-leading brand that’s well-loved by its readers.
Come be our assistant editor. The assistant editor of Advisor Group generates multiplatform content for two print publications (Advisor’s Edge, 6 times a year; Advisor’s Edge Report, 11 times a year), a website (Advisor.ca, updated at least 10 times daily) and its many extensions (client.advisor.ca, CECorner.ca, etc.).
The incumbent will produce compelling daily content while also working on longer-term features and projects. The ideal candidate has a passion for financial reporting and is keen to deepen his or her knowledge of investment, economics and regulation as they relate to Canadian financial advisors.
- Pitch, research, report and post stories for all platforms. These include features, news articles, listicles, infographics, sidebars, fact sheets and other items.
- Proofread, fact check and copy edit content created by other team members and external contributors.
- Attend and report on industry conferences, and develop relationships with industry experts and sources.
- Populate and target e-newsletters sent to a loyal and growing audience.
- Use new media tools whenever possible, supporting the Content Editor with populating the brand’s social media presence.
- In collaboration with other editorial team members, develop special initiatives and annual supplements.
- Work with the editorial team to come up with traffic-driving initiatives and assist in reaching traffic and engagement goals.
- In conjunction with the circulation team, provide subscriber service support.
- Provide administrative support for special projects and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to write and edit news and analysis pieces from disparate sources with speed and clarity.
- Experience developing financial and/or business story ideas for all platforms, ideally for a sophisticated audience.
- An eagerness to learn about and be immersed in the worlds of finance, investment, tax, insurance and regulation.
- An ability to make mainstream news stories relevant for a niche audience.
- Superior communication skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Strong research, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Deadline-oriented with an ability to meet tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in digital journalism, including blogging, social media, and online content management. Knowledge of data journalism, video and audio editing are assets.
- Minimum two years of related experience, ideally with a focus on the financial services industry.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, journalism or related field.
Interested applicants please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 17, 2017
37 Front Street East
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 01, 2017|
|Closing:||Feb 24, 2017|