Cinematographer / Editor
Asterisk Media is looking for a talented video generalist to join our high performing team of content specialists. We're a full-service production company that specializes in creating video content for some of North America's leading brands.
This is not a job. This position is a new start to a career that also comes with a family of creatives.
Our Cinematographers/Editors are well rounded creatives with ability to understand our client's business needs and are able to work with our producers and directors to help them achieve their goals. Our ideal candidate has the experience, soft skills and adaptability to tell a great story through video no matter the subject matter.
In development, you're up on trends and techniques and how to differentiate on them. On set, you're a natural leader with a vision and is able to work well with a director and crew. In Post, you're detail oriented and expect nothing but perfection. Outside of that, you're a joy to be around.
The Cinematographer/Editor works with our producers and directors with the creative and execution of a project from initial concept all the way to delivery:
- Understand and make recommendations on client briefs.
- Work with the Producer and Director to optimize project outcomes and efficiency.
- Shoot and edit content solutions for television, commercial, social, FB Live, FB/Youtube 360, interactive, web, and on-screen video elements at events.
- Maintain production equipment and make recommendations on capital expenditures.
- Liaise with support team to ensure all client needs are met.
- Consult with Producers and Directors to ensure all client needs are being met.
- Ensure quality control for delivery.
- Provide the Producer with necessary files depending on output specificity.
- Ensure project files and assets are organized and stored correctly on the server and online backup.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
We're not the type of company that cares about where you went to school or how many degrees you have. We like to focus more on your proven track record, what your peers say about you, and what you've done to have helped people or companies succeed in the past.
- Has incredible visual and communication skills
- Proven excellence in cinematography & editing
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in both small and large scale productions
- Excellent knowledge of the production process
- Self Starter
- A professional with experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software. Specifically, in Premiere, After Effects, and Audition
- Great team player
- Is up-to-date on lighting, camera, lens, and other professional equipment
- Past experience producing projects is a benefit
- Ability to colour in Davinci Resolve is a plus.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING
To us, we understand that success isn't all about the money. Success has to do with learning new skills, working on amazing projects that matter, and having a great work life as well as home life.
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package
- A good work/life balance
- A focus in continuing education
- An excellent home for your craft
WHAT TO EXPECT
- An awesome team of creative colleagues
- Ping Pong
- Some really creative projects
- Flexible work hours
- Skill Sharing
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Overtime when required
- Some travel may be required
Personality fit is important to us as it should be with you. Here's who we are, so you can decide if you'll be a great fit.
- Business Minded
- Cautiously Optimistic
- Relentlessly Ambitious
- Fiercely Entrepreneurial
- Talented Artists
- Young at Heart
- Really, really nice
|Category:||Film / Video|
49 Fraser Ave.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||video, tv, production, videographer, production, post-production|
|Posted:||Feb 22, 2017|
|Closing:||Mar 31, 2017|
|Compensation:||Compensation commensurate with experience|