Digital Content DeveloperFeatured
BusinessWeek magazine called us “one of the best radio stations in the world”
We received our broadcasting license in 1947 and continue to thrive as an independent voice in a marketplace dominated by several large broadcasters. Over the years our format and technology has changed, but our mandate remains the same - to enrich the cultural, educational and arts experience of listeners around the world.
We have built a passionate and loyal audience who crave diversity and musical sophistication, embraced through an all-jazz format within a non-profit, arts and education context. With 700,000+ listeners tuning in via one of the many ways to access us - radio, web, or our iPhone, iPad or Android apps – we have proven that there is a place for an independent voice. More than a broadcaster, JAZZ.FM91 offers youth education programs (with over 1,000 youth participating each year), adult education, and live concerts and events through-out the year (over 7,000 attend annually).
If you love the arts, and are interested in making a difference in Toronto’s cultural landscape, we would love to hear from you. We are seeking an energetic, innovative and entrepreneurial individual to fill the role of
Digital Content Developer
We have an opportunity to grow the digital efforts and digital brand of JAZZ.FM91 in a small environment where your contribution will have a big impact. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our website and social media, while also being key to setting the overall short- and long-term digital strategy. On a daily basis, you will be crafting content and graphics for our website, editing video footage from our live concerts, tweeting, uploading to our Facebook page and working with other departments to help direct our digital impact and presence across projects and departments. This position serves as a hub between several departments, and the successful candidate needs to be comfortable wearing many hats.
A results oriented individual with solid digital experience, you are comfortable with technology, words and numbers, have a high attention to detail and can work independently and with others. You are a quick learner and take pride in your work. You are nimble and willing to change as technologies develop and you are sufficiently curious to constantly be looking for a new way to tackle a problem.
Ultimately, your goal is to help us reach our vision of being Canada’s pre-eminent jazz station and an essential broadcaster of jazz in its various forms, enriching the cultural, educational and community experience of our listening audience in a world where technology is challenging media’s relevance.
- Development and implementation of online communications action plans that promote the initiatives and goals of the station, including using digital assets to highlight prominent interviews, concerts, etc., to bring the world of jazz to our listeners and donors.
- Oversee, edit and upgrade the website, online and social media assets, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Analyze and monitor social media trends and media placements to measure effectiveness. Use Google Analytics to understand our fundraising campaign performance and overall traffic patterns to optimize approach.
- Track email segment open rates, clicks and conversion rates across fundraising campaigns and issues. As well as craft a weekly newsletter that is sent to our listeners, The Jazz Messenger.
- Assist the leadership team with developing, reviewing and updating the digital strategy, as needed to ensure we are leveraging industry best practices.
- Provide support and assistance with planning, promoting and implementing fundraising campaigns and prioritized activities.
- Proofread all communications before distributing or posting.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
At least three years of work experience in a multi-media digital role, preferably:
- Web Development;
- Graphic Design
- At least two years radio experience is preferred;
- Experience in multi-media, multi-platform, integrated communications environment;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A track-record of being a team player who can lead and be an exceptional contributor;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good time-management skills and the ability to work to a deadline;
- Post-secondary education is a must;
- A love of music and radio is essential;
- Given the nature of the role, an ability to be on-call and work off-hours will be periodically required; and
- An ability to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends during concerts and other fundraising initiatives.
For more information on the organization, visit www.jazz.fm
This search process will commence immediately and will remain open until a successful candidate is selected. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 Pardee Ave., Unit 100
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 30, 2017|