Editor Post Production
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Editor
REPORTS TO: Head of Post Production
DEPARTMENT: Post Production
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking for a self-starting, technically adept news & documentary editor with excellent story skills to bring a high volume of short and long form documentaries, recurring series, and breaking news to fruition. Successful applicant will have a reel that demonstrates expertise in the news & documentary field, and will be able to provide links to full-length examples of successfully completed projects.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Editing of long form documentary pieces for Vice Media
- Work closely with Producers and Associate Producers on finding the correct story with the available footage and archival material
- Give creative notes and help to oversee junior editors working on similar projects
- Work with producers in choosing the appropriate music for pieces
- Provide a general audio mix of final peace
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years experience cutting long and short form documentary content
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere
- Must be comfortable working both with and without producers to create a cohesive story
- Must be comfortable with the Doc & Lifestyle genres
- Experience in scripted content is a plus
- Professional positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jun 12, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)