Wild TV Network
Executive Assistant to CEO
Wild TV is Canada’s #1 Outdoor Lifestyle channel. Launched in 2004, we are available in over 14 million Canadian homes as well as in eight European countries and globally online, through our digital app. Our mission is to provide the most educational and entertaining hunting, fishing and outdoors programming that informs, engages and promotes conservation and the tradition of the Outdoorsman/woman lifestyle.
Are you a stellar Executive Assistant who has worked within a broadcasting or television network? Do you have a solid business sense of the functions of a multi-faceted company? Do you come with excellent leadership and management experience?
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative, operational and support services to the CEO. This role will assist with the management and organization of company projects. The goals of this individual must have sense of urgency, exceptional time-management and multi-tasking abilities. It is with their diligence and competence in their work that the CEO can focus on their own managerial responsibilities. The goal is to contribute to the overall business by ensuring all assigned administrative duties are carried on in a timely and efficient manner. You’ll be a natural problem solver who always looks for a solution with a keen eye for detail and an unparalleled ability to multi-task. You will be self-motivated, with a fierce passion for what both you and Wild TV does.
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Serves as liaison in establishing and maintaining working relationships both internally and externally, including industry related boards and professional organizations; exercises confidentiality, resourcefulness, and creativity in responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Maintain CEO’s agenda, assist with scheduling meetings and conference calls, and stay on top of necessary follow-ups
- Attend meetings, take accurate minutes and forward to attendees
- Work closely with administrative and support teams (IT, HR, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to make sure that all needs of the office of the CEO are handled effectively
- Provide back up reception duties - answers incoming calls; takes messages as needed; refers callers to other internal departments if appropriate. Addresses viewer concerns and problem-solves when needed.
- Handles administrative and business office correspondence; routes items to other appropriate persons as needed; independently responds to correspondence as appropriate.
- Produce information by drafting, proofreading, editing and formatting letters and other related documents
- Learn various systems to pull daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Depending on the data collected more specific and specialized reports may need to be pulled as well.
- Completes projects and a variety of special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Assist in writing professional contracts (Canada Hunts pro-staffers, etc.), writing manuals, reports and other projects
- Review and update various company policies
- Follow up with information both to and from the executives to the rest of the organization
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible
- Research and gather information on different topics
- Complete forms, scanning, faxing, filing, printing forms
- Completes other duties as assigned by the CEO
Skills & Abilities
- Experienced in working in the broadcasting industry
- Excellent supervisory and leadership experience
- Anticipate CEO's needs, problem-solve for challenges, and manage emerging issues in a proactive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to properly multitask and prioritize work by considering its risk, importance, urgency, and potential business, organizational, or client implications
- High sense of urgency, drive and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Keen ability to follow instructions and understand those instructions with little or no follow up
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure accountability
- Incredibly flexible and adaptable, while remaining strong
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, which are critical competencies
- Have organizational aptitude and expertise coupled with dedication
- Possess strong grammar and writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Work effectively and confidentially with a variety of people in a diverse workforce
- Be adaptable to changing work requirements and able to multi-task
- Possess a high degree of professional integrity
- Demonstrate a strong client service orientation
- Be a positive, enthusiastic contributor.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, think outside the box
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new strategies and technologies
- Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to deal tactfully with clients and colleagues and can seamlessly interact with a wide range of personalities and work styles.
- Persuasive, positive and diplomatic
- Stress Management skills
- University degree in Business, Communications, Broadcasting or Journalism or related education with equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years’ solid experience as an Executive Assistant working within a network or multi-faceted companies and directly supporting executive level management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Google docs, Gmail
If you are confident that you have the skills and personality that we are seeking, please provide us a Cover Letter and stating salary expectation and Resume outlining related skills.
We thank all submissions, however only qualified candidates will be selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vancouver, BC
- directly reporting to Executive Management: 5 years
- Executive Assistant: 5 years
Wild TV Network
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Jun 26, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)