The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Jul 31, 2017!
Inspired Image Picture Company Inc.
Camera Prep TechnicianFeatured
INSPIRED IMAGE PICTURE COMPANY serves the needs of the media and filmed entertainment industry by providing cinematic camera rentals, broadcast rentals, production services, post production and creative productions, to clients across Canada and around the world. With offices conveniently located in Vancouver, Toronto, and Sudbury. INSPIRED IMAGE is proud to work with an impressive and diverse selection of Independent Producers, Network Broadcasters, Corporate Clients, and Canadian based Studio Clients, Hollywood Studios, as well as Federal and Provincial Government Agencies and Non-Profit Organizations. With one of the country’s largest rental inventories and access to the most talented crews, IIPC has the expertise to assemble the finest packages for a variety of industry needs.
To continue offering our ongoing high level of service to our clients we are seeking a dedicated Prep Technician for our busy Vancouver operation. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the film and television industry required. The successful candidate will report to the Cinematic Operations Manager and President.
Roles and Responsibilities;
To be an adaptable and flexible, self-motivator, possessing a keen sense to work efficiently both on a team and independently. To sell and maintain all Inspired Image Picture Company Inc. products and services with a high regard of quality performed to the best of your ability.
The Prep Technician will be responsible for the repair, maintenance and installation of all the electronic equipment within the production rental facility as well as:
· Assisting in the preparation and assembling of specific rental items and production packages for clients from work orders and production package outlines supplied by the Cinematic Operations Manager.
· Setup and test all camera rental items and production packages to ensure proper working condition prior to being released from tech shop.
· Check in, account for and test all service equipment when it arrives back from clients. Immediately relay a brief report on work orders and production reports and/or within the client project in the Company computer system, (or Rental Works) about equipment that is missing or has been damaged or is simply in need of repair due to normal usage.
· The ability to prepare detailed lists of equipment needing to be repaired, upgraded or purchased as well as the ability to perform general repairs and servicing including regular cleaning of all camera lenses and equipment.
· Maintain, track and manage inventory, while keeping a detailed and updated inventory lists, by adding new equipment as it is introduced into circulation, and liaising with accounting; as well as reporting any missing items or incorrect items found.
· Order all expendables. i.e. batteries, cable, light bulbs and shop supplies
· Assist in quoting and invoicing clients with any team member.
· Provide tech support to clients and assist them with pick-ups and returns as well as technical support to all contractors, and fellow team members.
· Equipment pick-ups and deliveries for client and from suppliers.
· Provide and or make provisions for after-hours support for technical issues that may arise.
· Provide teaching to any team members or customers of IIPCI of the equipment or technology used
· Order outside equipment for sub-rentals and liaise with COM regarding these requirements, while maintaining operational relations with those vendors.
- Such other duties as may be requested by the Company that are consistent with the Employee’s abilities and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required;
· Must be computer adept and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, Sheets, Docs & Gmail
· Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to think within the job requirements as well as outside the box.
· Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with customers and internal departments alike.
· Must have strong multi-tasking and problem solving abilities, be a good team player and able to work calmly under pressure and without constant supervision.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and administrative skills.
· A valid driver’s license is required
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
|Category:||Film / Video|
Inspired Image Picture Company Inc.
1090 Georgia Street East
Vancouver, BC, CA
|Tags:||film, TV, television, video, camera, videography, videographer, prep tech, lenses, warehouse, technician,|
|Posted:||Jul 13, 2017|
|Closing:||Jul 31, 2017|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|