General Manager - Broadcasting
Have you worked within a TV network? Do you have the business knowledge, leadership ability and an indepth technical understanding of how a station operates?
Wild TV is Canada’s #1 Outdoor Lifestyle channel. Launched in 2004, we are now available in over 14 million Canadian homes as well as in 8 European countries and globally online, through our digital app. Our mission is to provide the most educational and entertaining hunting, fishing and outdoors programming that informs, engages and promotes conservation and the tradition of the Outdoorsman/woman lifestyle.
Are you a General Manager who gets true satisfaction in helping others grow? Can you spot the best sales talent anywhere? Do you have a successful track record of taking your station to new sales heights? If you answer yes to these questions, YOU NEED TO APPLY BELOW.
Based at our head office in Edmonton, Alberta, Wild TV has an exciting opportunity for a talented General Manager for our broadcasting company. The successful candidate will have a commitment to drive new business development and help grow WildTV!
In this position you will:
- Oversee the functions of WildTV: programming, sales, back-end and marketing
- Lead a fully functioning broadcast station, comprised of news, sales, promotions, marketing, multiplatform technology, and other support functions.
- Design and deliver a competitive ratings and revenue growth strategy in the marketplace.
- Optimize core business opportunities in addition to new media platforms.
- Manage a diverse operational team of talented professionals.
- Identify opportunities to grow duopoly multi-platform content and distribution capabilities.
- Achieve budgeted financial goals and grow station's revenue share
- Help increase the station's viewing audience by serving the interests of the community
- Protect the station's license through strict adherence to CRTC rules and regulations
- Train sales team to sell products and services via Digital Solutions and Mobile Marketing
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage employee relations and station relations
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- 4 - 6 years experience in a similar role in a TV network/station or in a Senior Television Management role
- 4 Year Degree in Broadcasting or other related education
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background a must.
- Strong and positive leadership skills required.
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Must be able to interact well with all staff.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
Excited that this is you? Apply now with your Cover Letter and Resume outlining your successes. We thank all submissions, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Edmonton, AB
- Management: 5 years
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Jul 18, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)