Art Director/ Graphic Designer
MICHI (www.michiny.com) a fashion-forward, active lifestyle apparel company and one of the most imitated activewear brands in the industry, is looking for an experienced ART DIRECTOR/ GRAPHIC DESIGNER in Toronto, Canada.
This role is a blend of art direction, graphic design, content creation, and branding for a fashion forward athletic brand. We are looking for someone with a minimalistic aesthetic who can use their creativity and skills not just to make marketing materials more attractive, but to improve user experience, create brand consistency, and get results. We are looking for a digital artist who can effectively communicate our digital brand story.
Since we are a small company this position will be an all-in-one art direction, content creation and graphic design role. We are looking for someone with strong conceptual ability, strong graphic design ability, a high level of taste, an understanding of the fashion, fitness and wellness industry. It would be a bonus but if the candidate has copywriting abilities too.
- Digitally tell the Michi brand story and the story of each collection.
- Create engaging, brand-appropriate customer experiences for use on the michiny.com website: homepage, category pages, site banners, & promotional messages.
- Create clean and impactful email campaigns that follow industry best practices and standards to drive engagement, conversion and customer retention.
- Help create engaging social media content.
- Create and improve upon our packaging, tradeshow banners, look books and line sheets
- Ensure a high level of quality and consistency from the details to the "big picture" on each project.
- Come up with concepts and ideas for photo shoots and collaborate during the shoots with the Creative Director and the Photographer.
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using expertise and an eye for great design.
- Create templates and branding guidelines for our team to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
- Show ability to handle various projects at the same time and complete these by a given deadline.
- Work closely with web developers to ensure high quality execution of designs into working digital consumer experiences.
- Attend all relevant meetings to plan and strategize all upcoming content needs.
- Keep up-to-date with calendar changes.
- Retouching/re-coloring images.
- Basic proof reading.
- Superb graphic design, typographical skills and layout ability.
- 3+ years prior graphic design experience.
- A design diploma unless your work speaks for itself.
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Highly creative, innovative and full of ideas with a demonstrated ability to communicate concepts visually.
- Hungry to learn and to help the company move forward.
- Deep empathy, including listening skills and patience.
- Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem solving attitude.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Solid knowledge of print production processes and needs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Please reference Job Title “Art Director/ Graphic Designer” in the subject line of your message.
Job Type: Full-time
- Toronto, ON
- Graphic Design: 3 years
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Scarborough, ON, CA
|Posted:||Aug 28, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)