Share This Job
As Visual Designer, you will be responsible for designing innovative products including software, consumer websites, and mobile applications. The Visual Design team is part of the overall, growing User Experience (UX) Design group. We are a multidisciplinary team in North America that also includes Interaction Design and User Research. You will contribute as a member of our team in downtown Dallas, and will be responsible for the visual design of web and mobile apps for the North American market. We are striving to change the way people live, work and play. We’re passionate about making a real difference in the lives of ours users and we start by understanding their needs, wants, and desires.
Active Network is seeking a Visual Designer with a passion for design, a desire to learn as part of a team, and a great attitude. As a Visual Designer, you will report to the Associate Creative Director. You will work closely with other designers and the product team through out all stages of development. We are looking for creative thinkers with education and experience in visual design. In this role you will have the opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference in the lives of others.
- Innovating, conceptualizing, designing and bringing next generation of products to life
- Creating visually stunning, smart interfaces
- Delivering design comps, redlines and production-ready assets
- Asset production and image optimization
- Collaboration and communication with Interaction Designers and Developers through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Adherence to product style guide
- Involvement in the QA process
- Iteratively improve the quality of design with your product(s)
- Attendance and participation in monthly, global Visual Design team meetings
- Contribute to design brainstorming and work sessions
- Team communication via phone, Skype, WebEx, and email
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS/MFA degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design or equivalent experience
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise required (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Portfolio of recent projects required
- 3-5 years related design experience (desktop, software and mobile)
- Capable of taking design and performance feedback extremely well. Eager to learn
- Work well with leaders in the team, to continue learning and growing in the industry
- Passion for design aesthetics and attention to detail
- Good understanding of fundamental visual design: typography, iconography, composition, color, and layout
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines
- Attitude that supports teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge of current Internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications, screen resolution, and file optimization
- Working knowledge of HTML, and CSS
- Ability to present your work, and communicate with an extended team
- Ability to manage feedback from various stakeholders
About ACTIVE Network
ACTIVE Network® is the premier global marketplace for activities and events, connecting participants and activity organizers, while offering actionable business intelligence through our industry-leading data solutions and insights platform that helps organizers drive increased participation and revenue. ACTIVE Network processes registrations and payments for organizers of activities and events worldwide. Our enterprise-level ACTIVEWorks® platform offers organizers advanced SaaS technology that streamlines the administration of activities and events. Our ACTIVE Network Activity Cloud® platform combines data analytics and business intelligence tools to provide actionable insights that help organizers better manage their events and increase participation. Founded in 1999, ACTIVE Network is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, please visit ACTIVEnetwork.com and follow us on Twitter.
ACTIVE Network Perks & Benefits
- Health, Vision, Dental, Pet Insurance and 401K
- State-of-the-art office space in Downtown Dallas including an indoor park, tavern, ACTIVE Tech Shop and more!
- On-site yoga classes, groups runs, Daily Dose workouts/training programs and Morning Milers through our ACTIVEx Corporate Wellness Program
- Hookups and discounts for races, events, tickets, activity gear, bike purchase program and more!
- Give back with our ACTIVEx Charity Challenge partnership benefitting Kids in the Game
- Continue your professional development through our ACTIVE Learn online learning system
Active Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Sep 06, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)