ICON is a full-service organization with an 100,000 square foot state-of-the-art production facility unmatched in terms of technology, production capabilities, and product diversity, serviced by the most experienced and knowledgeable team of display graphics, digital signage and print professionals in the business. ICON’s reputation for reliability, quality workmanship, professionalism, and customer service is well earned and reflected by the trust and loyalty of clients we serve. As a multi-faceted visual communications media company, we serve our clients’ needs of transforming spaces in retail, out-of-home advertising, corporate/event marketing, hospitality, and consumer packaged goods (CPG) industries. Our company name represents strength and innovation, both of which are necessary for growth and success within our respective industries. Within ICON we have four divisions – ICON Media, ICON Visual, ICON Print and ICON Motion. These divisions support the commitment we give to our clients to continue being leaders in All Things Visual.
Talented Video Editor
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to join our high performing team of content specialists at ICON Motion. We’re a full-service production company that specializes in creating video content for some of North America’s leading brands.
This is not a job. This position is a new start to a career that also comes with a family of creatives.
Our editors are well-rounded creatives with the ability to understand our client’s business needs and are able to work with our producers and directors to help them achieve their goals. Our ideal candidate has the experience, soft skills and adaptability to tell a great story through video no matter the subject matter.
In development, you’re up on trends and techniques and how to differentiate on them. As an editor, you have a vision and are able to work well with a director and post-production staff. You’re detail oriented and expect nothing but perfection. Outside of that, you’re a joy to be around.
The Editor works with our producers and directors with the creative and execution of a project from initial concept all the way to delivery:
- Understand and make recommendations on client briefs
- Work with the Producer and Director to optimize project outcomes and efficiency
- Edit content for television, commercial, social, FB Live, FB/Youtube 360, interactive, web, and on-screen video elements at events
- Liaise with support team to ensure all client needs are met
- Consult with Producers and Directors to ensure all client needs are being met
- Ensure quality control for delivery
- Provide the Producer with necessary files depending on output specifically
- Ensure project files and assets are organized and stored correctly on the server and online backup
Skills and Experience
We’re not the type of company that cares about where you went to school or how many degrees you have. We like to focus more on your proven track record, what your peers say about you, and what you’ve done to have helped people or companies succeed in the past.
- Has incredible visual and communication skills
- Proven excellence in storytelling
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in both small and large-scale post projects
- Excellent knowledge of the post-production process
- A professional with experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Great team player
- Ability to colour in Davinci Resolve is a plus
What We’re Offering
To us, success isn’t all about the money. Success has to do with learning new skills, working on amazing projects that matter and having a great work life as well as home life.
- A competitive salary
- A great benefits package
- A good work/life balance
- A focus on continuing education
- An excellent home for your craft
What to Expect
- An awesome team of creative colleagues
- Ping Pong
- Some really creative projects
- Flexible work hours
- Skill Sharing
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Overtime when required
- Some travel may be required
Personality fit is important to us, as it should be to you. Here’s who we are, so you can decide if you’ll be a great fit.
- Business Minded
- Cautiously Optimistic
- Relentlessly Ambitious
- Fiercely Entrepreneurial
- Talented Artists
- Young at Heart
- Really, really nice
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. ICON Motion is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
ICON Motion is a supporter of AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act). Accommodation will be provided to all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. Please include a summary of the accommodation required in your application email.
Job Type: Full-time
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 20, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)