BusinessWeek magazine called us “one of the best radio stations in the world”
We received our broadcasting license in 1947 and continue to thrive as an independent voice in a marketplace dominated by several large broadcasters. Over the years our format and technology has changed, but our mandate remains the same - to enrich the cultural, educational and arts experience of listeners around the world. In 2016, JAZZ.FM91 was named Toronto's favorite radio station by Now Magazine readers and won the coveted ‘Best Jazz Format’ at the New York Festival Radio Awards.
As a listener-supported broadcaster, we have built a passionate and loyal audience who crave diversity and musical sophistication, embraced through an all-jazz format within a charitable, arts and education context. The JAZZ.FM91 community extends across Canada and around the world.
More than a broadcaster, JAZZ.FM91 offers youth education programs (with over 1,000 youth participating each year), adult education, and live concerts and events through-out the year (over 7,000 attend annually).
If you love radio, the arts, and making an impact, we would love to hear from you. We are seeking an energetic, innovative and results oriented individual to fill the role of
You will maximize JAZZ.FM91’s advertising and sponsorship revenue while ensuring we maintain the integrity of our brand, adhere to regulatory requirements and investigate new sales, marketing and promotion strategies.
Key Role Responsibilities/Activities/Deliverables:
As the Sales Executive, you will generate new revenue opportunities from leads and from current customer lists and you will manage and grow revenue from existing relationships. You will also grow sales for our non-traditional, direct, agency and national advertising streams. In addition, you will:
- Develop relationships with current clients to further enhance and strengthen partnerships;
- Develop new revenue streams by prospecting new advertisers and sponsors;
- Manage client and sponsor expectations by fully understanding their goals and challenges;
- Provide input into monthly and quarterly sales tracking, including managing variances; and
- Remain current on industry trends and the marketplace.
With at least five years of experience in the broadcast industry and/or corporate sales, you have a track record of creating, implementing, executing and measuring strategies for acquisition, renewal and upgrade, reengagement and stewardship. Your portfolio includes evidence of the impact you have directly made to campaigns and other projects.
You are able to demonstrate that you can see the big picture, but are not afraid to roll-up your sleeves.
You will be an ambassador for JAZZ.FM91 as you build relationships to grow and steward advertisers, partners and other stakeholders. You will also offer your team leadership, vision and direction as you focus on meeting operational, strategic and financial goals.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- High motivation for success, with excellent initiative and managerial skills;
- At least five years of work experience in broadcast sales, preferably with a combination of radio and digital sales;
- High level proficiency using AirWare, Infosys and RTS;
- Proven ability to solve problems and present solutions;
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including developing and presenting proposals;
- A track-record of being a team player who can lead and be an exceptional contributor;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good time-management skills and the ability to work to a deadline;
- Post-secondary education; and
- The ability to work evenings and/or weekends during concerts and other station events which clients and/or prospective clients may attend.
For more information on the organization, visit www.jazz.fm
This search process will commence immediately and will remain open until a successful candidate is selected. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest, in confidence, to email@example.com.
4 Pardee Ave., Unit 100
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 23, 2017|