Manager Digital Video
Position Title: Manager, Digital Video
Division: Current Affairs and Documentaries
Reports to: Executive Producer, Digital
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Midtown on Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
The Manager, Digital Video will be responsible for transforming the video experience on all CAD (Current Affairs & Documentaries) digital platforms.
This position will formulate plans to achieve long-term goals and objectives of the organization, provide direction for multiple functional areas, work with internal and external stakeholders and develop strategic partnerships.
- Drive video strategy for the consumption of original and licensed content on TVO’s platforms (website, apps) and on social media.
- Manage digital media producers in accordance with TVO values, policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate staffing with proper training to effectively provide services that meet business objectives
- Lead the development and production of original content including short video series, social media video and longer-form projects for digital and broadcast platforms
- Oversee the evolution of video workflow
- Work with in-house acquisition teams to identify video assets from content networks and international distributors
- Commission independent producers to create ancillary websites/apps to amplify and support documentary projects and television series
- Monitor video performance and analytics to continually improve our practices
- Work with product, technical and audience development teams to optimize digital platforms to create industry-standard user experiences
- Work with editorial, research and technical teams to optimize archival and evergreen content
- Identify intellectual property (IP) opportunities and maximize content ownership
- In conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, oversee the annual TVO Short Doc Contest
- Identify partnership opportunities and establish and maintain on-going relationships of mutual benefit
- Serve as an in-house expert and coach on the use of video as an audience development tool
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in journalism, television production or related fields
- 3-5 years experience managing video content or related work in media organizations, preferably in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of best publisher practices for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, among others
- Working knowledge of the regulatory and business practices associated with the production and distribution of video content in Canada
- Experience working with Brightcove player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to drive and analyze performance of short-form and longer-form digital video content
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment, with multiple stakeholders
- Strong editorial judgment
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; capable of interacting with senior leadership on complex topics
- Finely-honed editorial judgment, a deep understanding of video production and of digital platforms, and an ability to strategize and implement in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For additional information about TVO, please visit our website at TVO.org.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People and Culture office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 24, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)