PT Weekend Producer CityNews
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
CityNews Toronto is looking for a part-time News Producer, capable of leading our news broadcasts on weekends. Reporting to the Sr Manager, Content Delivery, the successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional editorial skills while producing compelling news stories and newscasts that inform and engage our audience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of a team, you will lead the creation of our news programs – including show lineup, scripts approval and reporter assignments.
- Oversee writers and associate producers in the creation of fast-paced, compelling and informative news stories airing on CityNews Toronto, other CityNews broadcasts across Canada and our digital properties.
- Take ownership of news content from beginning to end, across all platforms
- Source news stories from a variety of outlets to create and present strategic daily content.
- Create and research story ideas
- Pitch and contribute to creative brainstorms and story meetings
- Lead special projects, when required
- Work with newsroom management on overall CityNews strategy
- Recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ensure that content is factually and grammatically correct, and follows the designed style-guide.
- Participate in post-production meetings and critique sessions
- Screen and select footage from internal and external libraries and other resource
- Feeds coordination and booking, as required.
- Develop network of local contacts
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years of TV news producing, writing or reporting experience
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Control room and field production experience an asset.
- Journalism or post-secondary broadcasting degree/diploma preferred
- Sound communication skills.
- Social Media acumen
33 Dundas Street East
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Dec 01, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)