Producer Weekends (English Services) - EDM00541
Producer, Weekends (English Services) - EDM00541
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Edmonton
Status of Employment Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
CBC News Edmonton is looking for an all platform producer who thrives on the challenge of daily deadlines and of covering breaking news. The successful candidate for this position is a top-notch assignment producer, with lots of leadership skills, a flair for writing and a passion for local news. As well as being the producer for the weekend news, you will perform the functions of a Copy Editor.
This is a permanent full time position that includes weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- University degree in journalism or in another related field.
- Five years' experience of which three must involve work in broadcasting or a closely related industry.
- Demonstrated digital news knowledge and experience.
- Initiates story ideas and translates those ideas into on-air segments.
- Demonstrated writing and vetting skills with the ability to make significant editorial adjustments at the last minute.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate complex material within a tight time frame and interprets it for our audience.
- Demonstrated experience producing a live television news program. Must be capable of original and creative thought in the production of television news.
- Demonstrated team leader with solid people skills who can direct, perform and delegate assignments across editorial, production and technical lines in daily news environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time under the pressure of breaking and sometimes highly technical news, and still maintain a cooperative relationship with colleagues.
- Can write amazing headlines and understands SEO.
- Builds and packages content, including photo galleries, videos and links.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of digital/mobile platforms and audience needs by day and time.
- An understanding of an online Content Management System is an asset.
- Basic HTML skills are required.
- Understanding of segmenting stories (aka ‘elementing’) as well as writing with voice and personality is required.
- An understanding of image selection and cropping is required.
- Familiarity with social media in the distribution of news.
- Must have superior editing/vetting skills.
- Innovative, flexible and must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a high pressure, tight deadline environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a4529d59847ba04b6a2dfac/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Dec 29, 2017|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)