The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by Feb 28, 2018!
VICE Studio Canada
Director of Strategy & Creative (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Director of Strategy & Creative (Maternity Leave Coverage)at VICE Canada
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Director of Strategy & Creative (Maternity Leave Coverage)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a full-time Director of Strategy & Creative to be responsible for the team that develops communication strategies for clients, including video show franchises, events, social campaigns, media properties, and 360 programs for brand partnerships, working closely with both accounts and production to implement.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the team that conceives, pitches and produces VICE’s multimedia branded content offerings alongside the design, production, sales and product teams
- Respond to RFPs from agencies and brands
- Analyze a client’s brand and business objectives to devise and recommend effective strategic plans in partnership with the creative team
- Conduct and translate research insights to brief to execution
- Ideate and conceptualize creative for co-branded and white label content while understanding how ideas fit into broader brand and communication strategies
- Work alongside the Vice Director of News and Digital to develop ideas within brand guidelines and brand tone of voice
- Work alongside the Senior Director of Sales and Sales team/Reps to meet client objectives throughout the process
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends
- Generate ideas to win new business
- Continually monitor client business, determining needs and management
- Work in a cross-functional team environment (w/Sales reps, Editorial, Production) to ensure proper workflows and communication across departments
- Provide regular updates to executive team on progress of campaigns and departmental goals.
- 8-10 years of strategy/planning experience and management of a team, with deep digital expertise
- Must have hands-on experience developing brand, communications and content strategies
- Experience working with C-level brand executives
- Strong client relationship builder; someone who can develop partnerships and trust
- A culturally engaged inventive thinker with a high creative capacity, who can make ideas come to life
- A compelling and confident storyteller; someone who can guide clients in brand, business and cultural understanding
- Must be self-starter and comfortable in an ever-changing and entrepreneurial work culture; able to work in an unstructured environment
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable and passionate about all facets of VICE
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work within budgetary constraints and have experience working with photographers, directors and vendors
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
VICE Studio Canada
78 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Jan 09, 2018|
|Closing:||Feb 28, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)