Producer assigned to Digital (CBC North) - YEL00216
Producer assigned to Digital (CBC North) - YEL00216
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Yellowknife
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Financial assistance is provided in the form of allowances and provisions for employees working in isolated locations.
Break out of the ordinary. Live north where the air is clean and the stories are plentiful.
CBC Yellowknife is looking for a self-starter who loves to tell stories... all kinds of stories. The North is in transition. We are seeing the effects of climate change, through crumbling roads and buildings. We're seeing a rise in the rights and power of indigenous groups. And, we have lots of "characters", who make great stories. There are good opportunities for learning and travel. We believe in helping Producers do their best work while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Reporting to the Managing Editor of CBC North, the successful candidate will actively participate in the news agenda and ensure the quick and accurate delivery of breaking news to CBC’s digital platforms, including cbc.ca/north and our social media platforms. The Producer must be an advocate for our online and digital platforms in the newsroom and have a keen interest in audience engagement as a key element of story presentation. You bring to the role experience and knowledge of digital news, social media strategies, metrics and new story treatments.
You will assign local web staff to the top stories in the North each day. You will work closely with our journalists and producers in TV and radio, and play a key role in the digital rollout out of big editorial projects, investigations and events such as elections and provincial budgets. You will track our results and share our daily successes with the CBC North news team.
As Producer of mobile and digital content, you will bring the following skills and experience to the CBC:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience, of which three must be in a digital news environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong journalistic skills.
- Substantial experience writing, copy editing, fact-checking and packaging digital content.
- Substantial experience in Se.arch Engine Optimization and Social Media Optimization.
- Ability to assign, manage and motivate staff, coordinate with other departments in a productive manner, and mediate disputes as they arise.
- Ability to coach staff on digital skills such as web writing, photography and social media.
- High-level knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to journalism.
- Excellent general knowledge about provincial and civic politics, geography, history, and current issues related to the North.
- Experience and proven ability to package online news stories in compelling and innovative ways.
- Ability to manage large volumes of fast-moving information and ensure material is directed appropriately.
- Ability to manage news and feature lineups in line with CBC News and audience values.
- Knowledge of user-generated content and social media techniques and policies.
- Excellent online news judgment and ability to work effectively under 24/7 online newsroom deadline pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Use of content management systems such as Moveable Type, Polopoly, Media Factory, MPX/The Platform.
- Canadian Press style; knowledge of CBCNews.ca style an asset.
- Use of social content schedulers for consistent and efficient distribution.
- Basic HTML/CSS.
- Basic video editing.
- Experience in radio and television platforms.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a626d8a1f2f03042616bd94/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Yellowknife, NT, CA
|Posted:||Jan 22, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)