Producer assigned to Assignment (English Services) - WIN00687
Producer, assigned to Assignment (English Services) - WIN00687
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Winnipeg
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
As a Producer, assigned to the Assignment desk, you assist in the production of stories and segments for all platforms. There may be wide latitude for initiative, independent judgment and creativity. There is a regular and ongoing requirement to co-ordinate the work of others.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
- Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout Winnipeg and the rest of the province. You’re innovative and will try new things, new work flows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
- Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Manitoba and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content. You will set a new benchmark in editorial leadership around community stories.
- Culture: You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
As required, you will perform the following tasks:
- With thinking digital first: Conceive and develop story and program ideas and concepts; participate in the preparation of stories, newscasts/programs and the objectives of the newsgathering hub.
- Plan, organize and co-ordinate content for digital and broadcast newscasts.
- Develop the program content including assigning, researching, gathering, writing and/or editing. As required, commission writing and/or research. Prepare scripts. Help determine the style, pace, tempo, line-up and format of programs and the format of online material.
- Direct on-air talent and technical resources across all platforms.
- Select, re-write and/or edit copy or text written by others.
- Utilize social media to inform and engage audiences in editorial content.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated editorial judgment in breaking news and enterprise journalism.
- Ability to generate original story ideas and treatments.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle the demands of the newsroom.
- High energy and enthusiastic journalist who can motivate a team towards journalistic excellence.
- Self motivated critical thinker with the ability to innovative.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated coaching ability.
- Proven ability to work in diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain close co-operation with your program unit.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly creative and resourceful.
- Story-teller with a strong demonstrated connection to the diversity of Winnipeg and Manitoba.
- Advanced knowledge of web, mobile and social media tools and industry trends.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a74c1fc1f2f033a72695046/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Feb 02, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)