Allergic Living is an independent magazine that makes a big difference in the lives of our readers. The quarterly consumer publication, with circulation across Canada and the United States, offers superb coverage of food allergies, asthma and celiac disease. The related Allergicliving.com has become one of the top allergy and gluten-free websites.
We have a contract position open for the art director, as of April 2018. The position requires 7.5 weeks of time per each of four annual magazines. In final 2 weeks of production, some evening or weekend work is required.
- Art direction, layout and production of Allergic Living magazine (four times a year).
- Organize and art direct the food and the cover photo shoots for each issue.
- Photoshop retouching and colour correcting as needed.
- Receive and check magazine ads for format and specifications. (Publisher is the contact with advertisers.)
- Create final PDF files for printer; preflight files and upload to printer.
- Few minor design projects for social media, website (site has separate designer) and for marketing team.
- InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro and Illustrator.
- Minimum 5 years’ magazine editorial art direction and layout experience, including oversight of shoots.
- Senior level Photoshop skills and production experience.
- Good communicator.
Workspace / Budget
The successful candidate will preferably have a home studio, but be available for some in-office meetings. We can provide software or upgrades, and printer for proofs. There is a reasonable budget for photo shoots, styling and stock photography.
The Allergic Living team is professional, motivated and dedicated to quality and serving our audience/community. The atmosphere is informal but fast-paced. The full-time staff works in a large home office environment in Toronto’s west end (subway access / parking).
To apply, send resumé and cover letter by email to Editor Gwen Smith.
We thank all who apply for their interest, but will only be able to respond to those selected for an interview.
2100 Bloor St. West Suite 6-168
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||Art Director, Health, Lifestyle, Magazine, Design, allergy,|
|Posted:||Feb 06, 2018|
|Closing:||Mar 07, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|