Senior Producer Audio (English Services) - WIN00686
Senior Producer, Audio (English Services) - WIN00686
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Winnipeg
Status of Employment Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, Editorial, the person occupying this position is a senior editorial leader for Manitoba. The Senior Producer of Audio in Winnipeg is responsible for all radio current affairs programs, podcasts and online audio. This person takes the role of a public broadcaster seriously, putting the audience first and ensuring the content produced by CBC Manitoba is relevant, informative and engaging. The Senior Producer has well developed leadership and communication skills and the ability to mentor and direct staff. The successful candidate demonstrates a high level of creative thinking, the ability to originate and develop innovative programs and/or production concepts as well as the ability to make immediate decisions in complex and stressful environments.
This role is integral in leading the change to how people connect to CBC at the local level through audio delivered online, in podcasts and on current affairs programs. You will work collaboratively with editorial leaders to deliver on its purpose through a focus on three strategic priorities.
Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout Winnipeg and the rest of the province. Because you are fearless, you won’t just shape the editorial agenda, you will set it with original and enterprise storytelling. Not only what we cover, but how we cover it and how it rolls out on all platforms. You’re innovative and will try new things, new work flows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Manitoba and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content. You will set a new benchmark in editorial leadership around community stories.
Culture: You will lead a team of diverse, talented and passionate people. You will develop their talent, coach them, support them and inspire them to new heights. You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
Work must adhere to CBC Journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices, and the Senior Producer must lead their staff or units to ensure that this occurs.
- Responsible for ongoing program development of all shows, and ongoing monitoring of program quality.
- Responsible for conceiving, organizing and executing special programs and remotes and other community outreach.
- Programming leader and champion of our digital strategy.
- Responsible for developing podcasts and online audio strategy.
- Responsible for team development by mentoring and providing opportunities for growth to editorial staff in Manitoba. This includes ongoing feedback.
- Responsible for leading staff in strategic planning for a continuously changing media environment.
- Responsible for resource allocation and is accountable for budget and business outcomes.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent preferred.
- Five (5) years’ relevant experience preferred.
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of radio and TV programming and digital/mobile platforms.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Superior editorial skills.
- A thorough knowledge of CBC’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
- A strong programming and current affairs information background.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise both quick editorial judgment and long term strategic planning.
- Highly developed vetting skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and co-operatively.
- A strong, demonstrated understanding of the Manitoba’s political and cultural landscape.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as participate as a member of the production team.
- Critical listening and thinking skills.
- Ability to contribute innovative thinking to daily production.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a7b237ab63877043375743b/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Feb 07, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)