Videojournalist (CBC North) - YEL00220
Videojournalist (CBC North) - YEL00220
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Yellowknife
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Financial assistance is provided to help offset expenses related to relocation. In addition, allowances and provisions for employees working in isolated locations apply.
Break out of the ordinary. Come north where the air is clean and the stories are plentiful.
CBC Yellowknife is looking for self-starters who love to tell stories... all kinds of stories. The North is in transition. We are seeing the effects of climate change, through crumbling roads and buildings. We're seeing a rise in the rights and power of indigenous groups. And, we have lots of "characters", who make great stories. There are good opportunities for learning and travel. We believe in helping reporters do their best work while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
We are seeking a skilled storyteller and shooter/editor. The successful candidate will also be a creative thinker who brings original ideas and treatments to the show, and have demonstrated skills in shooting and editing news.
Under the general direction of the Managing Editor, you will operate independently, or as part of a program unit to research, gather, package and present media for CBC’s platforms including TV, radio and online. Work must adhere to CBC journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices but there is latitude for initiative, independent judgment and creativity. You will be required to work a variety of shifts, which may include weekends and evenings, often independently and without supervision. Close co-operation with the program unit is essential.
- Develops and maintains contacts with a variety of sources to ensure current knowledge of issues and events in the Northwest Territories.
- Gathers information from various sources.
- Analyses facts and information gathered and draws conclusions or raises issues requiring further investigation.
- Arranges for and conducts interviews.
- Gathers story elements that contribute to the focus and mood of the story.
- Operates broadcast equipment, ensuring optimal audio, video and technical quality under prevailing conditions.
- Shoots still pictures as required.
- Writes stories for all media platforms including digital and social media.
- Ensures that the material produced meet technical and aesthetic requirements.
- Edits recorded items for use on a variety of platforms — radio, TV, digital and social media.
- Prepares and writes scripts, continuity and headlines.
- Drives a motor vehicle in the performance of the job.
- Contribute story ideas.
- Operate other broadcast equipment as needed.
- Perform routine minor maintenance on broadcast equipment.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Graduation from University or Community College in a relevant course of study or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years directly related experience.
- Experience using Avid systems.
- Comfortable and dynamic on-air presence.
- Excellent interviewing and storytelling skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to generate original story ideas and creative treatments.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, tight deadline environment, often in unexpected overtime situations.
- Flexibility to work regularly for radio, TV, digital and social media.
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel.
- Relevant experience in shooting and editing.
- Highly creative imaginative, problem solver and motivated self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada's insurance company.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a7e1935b63877043375b183/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
|Category:||Film / Video|
Yellowknife, NT, CA
|Posted:||Feb 12, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)