VICE Studio Canada
Digital Media Strategist
Digital Media Strategistat VICE Canada
JOB TITLE: Digital Media Strategist
REPORTS TO: VP Commercial Operations
OVERVIEW: We are looking for a data-focused analytically-minded professional, proficient in facilitating the execution of digital, programmatic and paid social strategies across digital media channels for a variety of clients. The Media Strategist will support the Media and Virtue teams with strategizing, planning, and optimizing media-related activities on client projects. The Media Strategist will also be expected to deliver on-going media evaluations and quality control/execution of plans. The Media Strategist with have a strong understanding of marketing in relation to technology and content, will support new business development efforts, and will educate the media and agency on new strategies and tactics. In addition, the ideal candidate has a strong capacity as a storyteller – both verbally and visually.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute planning scenarios based on media objectives and strategies that support client business objectives.
- Responsible for being able to manage accurate forecasts, media plans, and all relevant key media planning documentation.
- Manage media planning cycles, from preparing and presenting plans to coordinating analyses and optimization recommendations based on data and research from a variety of primary and secondary sources.
- Design strategic roadmaps, including growth pillars, channel priorities and tactic test models.
- Identify opportunities for new digital media strategies and technologies to add to our digital offerings.
- Work with Data, strategy and research teams to construct media plans to support client objectives.
- Manage the scheduling, posting, and tracking of media advertising and compile weekly performance reports, as necessary.
- Utilize appropriate planning tools to achieve optimum performance for campaigns; maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies to continually enhance campaign execution.
- Develop client-facing POVs on industry trends and patterns.
- Work with media team to ensure that all media invoices, discrepancies, and billings are input, cleared, and issued in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and grow relationships with interactive media advertising representatives.
- Manage media budgets and forecasting for clients.
- Work with sales to mine and present media strategies and plans to clients.
- Act as an on-going strategic resource for Vice Media, Virtue, Clients and Partners.
- 3-5 years experience in digital and social media planning/strategy and negotiating experience in an agency or client setting.
- Post-secondary degree specialization in advertising, marketing or related program.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Experience analyzing complex data and market research to formulating actionable plans.
- Drawn to a collaborative, fun, culturally driven, trust-based environment.
- Experience executing integrated and mobile- specific strategy
- Experience with digital media buying and acquisition models (ie. CPA, CPC, CPM, CPE, etc.)
- Knowledge of online industry including pricing & inventory methodologies.
- Knowledge of programmatic buying and online ad exchanges.
- Proficient understanding of interactive marketing concepts and practices as well as a familiarity with traditional media.
- Strong mathematic and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of acquisition focused media and tracking.
- Working understanding of: digital/ analytic marketing platforms/ syndication tools (DFP, Krux, Domo, O1 etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Interest in emerging technologies
- Ability to apply analytical methodologies used for optimization and evaluation of multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, custom charts, dashboards, macros, etc.), Google Data suite and Tableau.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
|Category:||Advertising / Marketing|
VICE Studio Canada
78 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||media, digital, programmatic|
|Posted:||Feb 16, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)