Wedding Cinematographer / Videographer
About Us: Established in 2012, MPSG Inc. is a medium sized production company based in Mississauga. Current statistics place our company as being one of the fastest growing media companies in Canada. Our primary goal is to maintain a high level of consistency, creativity and client service in our photography and cinematography. We’re a youthful, fun, and friendly team comprised of published, award winning photographers and acclaimed cinematographers. Our non-commercial division specializes in servicing the wedding industry. Our cinematography team is vested in creating modern cinematic wedding films inclusive of domestic and international assignments with varying cultures. After a successful 2017 season are looking for new members to join our ever-evolving production team for 2018.
At MPSG, we look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in cinema and art, but who enjoy challenges, and share our vision and passion for creating beautiful imagery and telling stories.MPSG is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Our clients and customers need to have confidence that our crew members at all levels of the organization have the knowledge, skills and competencies to excel. Our company depends on systems and processes that support the continued learning and development of our people. MPSG is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to expand their horizons and build new foundations for themselves to support their need for continuous improvement.
Nature & Scope:
Reporting to the Studio Director and the Lead Cinematographer, the candidate will create incredibly high quality imagery that promotes MPSG’s vision for quality story-telling, and reinforces the company’s brand.
At MPSG, most of our crew members work within our Mississauga Studio. Our studio is a working studio as well as an office environment where professionalism, business etiquette, and creativity are the culmination of our everyday life. Often times the environment is fun, but it can also be hectic. With multiple deadlines upon us on a daily basis, it is not uncommon for everyone in the office to wear multiple hats and carry the responsibility of several roles at any given time. Our crew also spends considerable time in the field, inclusive of various locations in Ontario and internationally as required. There are no set office hours for our crew members. The studio is open beyond regular business hours to accommodate the majority of our clientele. We are an environment based on quality results, and it will be your discretion as to how much time you’ll need to complete the projects assigned to you.
Responsibilities and Duties
Execute Wedding Cinematography + Post Production:
- Capture footage both in studio and in the field for various general practice clients for our wedding, portrait, and commercial divisions.
- Maintain and develop the footage catalogues. Complete post production documentation in a timely manner and work with or within the editing of the final deliverables.
- Push the envelope when it comes to using video to engage the MPSG customers in all areas;
- Ensure footage meets our visual style and standards
- Assist with the creation and execution of company marketing campaigns
- Ensure the highest level of visual standards is met while managing workload and meeting deadlines.
- Actively seek to reinvent and push the brand/design forward, in a way that is consistent, but innovative
- Develop content for MPSG Inc. to help drive awareness, bottom line sales and increase conversion rates and online presence and reach
- Assist departments across the organization with needs in all areas possible
- Brainstorm new content, ideas and concepts that will enhance our numerous divisions both online and in the market space
- Add content and develop video galleries, press areas, social media and blogs;
- Ensure visual look and standards of MPSG Inc. are maintained and presented online in a unified and consistent manner
- Manage expectations and complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines without effecting quality
- Work within the wedding story development process as outlined by our studio in the areas of Pre-Production, Production, and Post-Production
- Study the competitive marketplace and overall trends to ensure creative is on trend and industry leading;
- Contribute content to be used in company social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pintrest.
- Marketing & PR – working with the team to understand the direction of the marketing message across the company and in various mediums (print, online, and PR opportunities). Develop a clear understanding of our customers, how they interact with our brand, our products and our employees. Coordinate content development schedule and assets with marketing programs to ensure they are both in line and opportunities are not missed
- Customers & Account Management – all crew members are required to be available to customers for service and support. Some crew members will be responsible for managing accounts both in general practice as well as commercial. It is the responsibility of the account manager to maintain positive relationships at all levels as well as identify business development opportunities within the growing relationships they are managing.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Diploma or Degree course completion in Film and Television or other related media course
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on Premiere, PluralEyes and other video editing/syncing software
- Camera operation and lighting fundamentals
- MS Office Skills
- Strong visual literacy and video manipulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn / improve current skill set
- Service-based attitude
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Flexible schedule
- Must have own vehicle
Attention to Detail:
If you're reading this and actually got this far; congratulations! We want to talk to you. While most people will skip this part or not even read this post thoroughly, you can prove that you are in fact attentive to detail. When you apply to this posting, please include this line as the first sentence of your cover letter, or in the body of your e-mail or message to us... "Andrew, I read the posting thoroughly, and I'm ready to move to the next step".
Minimum Equipment Required:
We’re strong believers in a true cinematographer's abilities to create lasting imagery with minimal equipment. However, with that said, the wedding industry is a client serving industry, and with that comes the importance of client perception. As such, we’ve established a minimum set of equipment, as well as a preferred set of equipment. In order to be a photographer at MPSG, we require you to have access to, either by owning, borrowing, or renting, the following equipment:
- Minimum – Canon 5D Mark III and above or Sony A7S
- Preferred – Sony A7SII
- Minimum – At least one fast, fixed-aperture zoom lens (24-70mm f//2.8, or 70-200mm either f/2.8)
- Preferred – Full set of fast lenses at fixed apertures, including a 50mm, 24-70mm f/2.8, and 70-200mm f/2.8
- Minimum – 64GB of storage of any brand
- Preferred – 128GB of storage in total.
- Minimum – Tripod and Slider
- Preferred – Tripod, Slider, Monopod, Glide-Cam/Steadicam or Gimbal
- Minimum – Microphone for camera (ex. Rode Mic Pro), H4N and above
- Preferred - Microphone for camera (ex. Rode Mic Pro), H4N and above, Wireless Lavs
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
We strive to maintain an energetic work place full of amazing, talented, loyal, and kind individuals. We foster an environment of personal and professional growth with consistent professional training, group activities, and a culture of trust and independent thinking.Before joining our team, it's important that you become very familiar with everything that we do. Though it is not required, we suggest that you "like" or “follow” our social media to stay up to date with all that is going on with our studio.
Participation and commenting are great ways to stand out from the crowd.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Wedding Videography: 2 years
- High school or equivalent
- Mississauga, ON
Required license or certification:
- G Class Driver's Licence
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 20, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|