Blue Ant Media
Editorial Assistant/Post-Production Coordinator
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Editorial Assistant/Post Production Coordinator to support two series in production. This role reports to the Production Supervisor of Blue Ant Media Productions and is based at our head office in Toronto.
Please note, this is a full-time 6-month Contract.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the day-to-day coordination of each assigned project with clear guidelines for looking after each project’s post path, technical aspects and processes;
- Prioritize, organize, and schedule/confirm resources according to each project’s needs, providing regular updates to production teams;
- Creation of AVID dailies for editorial; ingest, media logging, syncing and creating group clips in AVID Media Composer: including transferring data from camera cards to hard drives when necessary, transferring Avid files to hard drives for external editors, transferring completed edit files back to Avid, ensuring all files adhere to Blue Ant technical specifications;
- Upload editorial footage/data to Blue Ant Media shuttle. Email notifications to appropriate editor(s).
- Work with in-house post department and technical services team, as well as any external resources, to ensure technical specifications and deliverable requirements for all broadcasters and distributor are being met;
- Create job tickets for media transfer to archive, CATDV screener proxies and other technical services;
- Receive, file and have accessible all Production Reports related to each project
- Ensure all media is filed and up to date, and accessible to the production team as required;
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, and provide alternate solutions/plans that best suit the project and resources available;
- Identify any issues and bring to the attention of Production Supervisor;
- Other duties as requested by Blue Ant HDTV Productions Inc. that are standard for the position in the television industry
Experience & Qualifications
- Post secondary education with at least 3-5 years of television experience
- Working knowledge of various disciplines of production and post production in the broadcast environment
- Strong understanding of technical specifications and audio configurations for television and digital production, HD and UHD
- Proficient with Avid Media Composer
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, Google docs in order to maintain databases and spreadsheets for post production and delivery schedules
- Highly-energetic and strong team player
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule to support production needs
Blue Ant Media celebrates diversity in both its programming and workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Blue Ant Media and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Blue Ant Media
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 20, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)