Delivers high quality, high quantity creative that is focussed on driving sales. Tests creative in A/B methodology and iterates creative to drive stronger business results. Ensures the look and feel of all creative is aligned to the brand guidelines and is luxury in feel. Brings a strong digital creative skillset to the table with solid web/interface design expertise. Will manage and direct team resources that focus on layout design and copywriting. This position reports to the SVP Marketing.
Overall: Translates the brand story/brand foundation for the Kensington Tours and Travel Edge brands into engaging luxury creative. Applies the brand foundation understanding across all mediums ensuring that the look and feel of the creative follows brand guidelines. Helps set brand guidelines/logo design etc. working closely with the Brand VP’s, as brand foundation work is updated.
Web /Interface Design: Web design will be done inhouse including updates to the company’s websites as well as complete website overhaul. Adept at creating and marrying beautiful design (User Interface) with a solid understanding of SEO/SEM. Works internally with a User Experience (UX) specialist, a Web Developer (coder), SEO/SEM specialist and the Brand VP. Brings the brand look and feel to the website with the design of attractive graphics, images and other visual elements while ensuring the site is SEO optimized. Applies this same design/digital skill balance to other digital marketing creative including e-newsletters, e-mails, social media posts etc. Designs so creative work is mobile friendly.
Layout Design: Manages a team in the structure and layout of images (Getty Images, supplier/tourism board images, FAM trip images) and text (internal copy writer) for print and digital magazines, brochures, flyers, posters, banners, PowerPoint presentations/webinars/teaching tools, social posts that is consistent with brand guidelines and engaging to the target audience. Also executes work in this area to meet deadlines.
Video Development: Develops videos internally or directs the creation of videos externally for website, social posts, supplier/agent presentations
Direct Reports: The Creative Director ensures that they themselves and a small team of 3 people (2 graphic designers and 1 copy writer) produces and completes assigned creative work on time and to the internal client’s satisfaction (Business Unit Directors/VP’s). Administration will be around maintaining the status of the projects coming in and coming out of the creative team, developing the talents/skillsets of direct reports and prioritizing/balancing workload across the team. Supervises and directs copy writer in the delivery of high quality, on brand, on target, SEO/SEM optimized, copy writing.
- University or College degree in Graphic Design – ideally specializing in digital creative
- Courses in web design and digital creative – examples of good responsive websites - experience in mobile friendly creative
- Proven experience, knowledge and understanding of user experience centered digital design, conducting user research/user testing/A/B testing and adapting creative based on results.
- Power book of great, fresh design work for luxury brands – great references
- Mastery in industry standard software such as Adobe Creative Suite - Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint
- Experience in brand logo design an asset
- Experience in basic video production as asset
- Proven ability to manage high workload and effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Direct report experience with graphic designers and ability to mentor copy writer
- Project Management skills
- Likely has worked in an agency
- Is nimble and can thrive in an environment of ambiguity
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Building something through iterations – frequent changes
- Low ego
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 20, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)