Azure Publishing Inc.
We are seeking an experienced Art Director to join our team. Azure Publishing is a leading media brand with a focus on contemporary architecture and design. Among its properties are two print magazines – both with active websites and digital editions – and an international awards program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing the overall look and feel of Azure magazine, both print and digital, and azuremagazine.com
- Supervising the art director and designers on Designlines magazine, both print and digital, and designlinesmagazine.com
- Overseeing the development of marketing and presentation materials for the AZ Awards
- Art direction for all editorial sections of Azure magazine, including cover
- Conceptualizing, assigning and art directing illustrations and photo shoots
- Overseeing the in-house design team and freelance contributions
- Working closely with editors to provide solutions for visual storytelling
- Collaborating with editorial, production, marketing, sales and web teams in the creation and production of materials to promote the magazine and the brand across all platforms
Qualifications and Skills
- Five to seven years’ experience in publication design, with at least three years in a magazine environment
- Superior typographic and design skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Leadership qualities and mentoring skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of architecture and design
- Passion and dedication
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of basic HTML
We offer a competitive benefits package. We work in a converted industrial space with lots of natural light in an emerging creative neighbourhood near the Drake Commissary, with access to the West Toronto Railpath, the new MOCA and other amenities. Quick access to Lansdowne and Dundas W Stations. Short walk to Roncesvalles and Bloor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Publishing: 5 years
- Toronto, ON
Azure Publishing Inc.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 20, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)