Lee Valley Tools
Graphic Designer – Junior
he Graphic Designer will adapt existing unilingual label designs and modify them to accommodate a second language from start to finish including design, liaison with a proofer, modifications and the preparation of final artwork.
The candidate will be asked to apply his/her knowledge of typography, color and design to create final bilingual label artwork for printing. The candidate will work within the Francization Label Design Group, collaborating closely with the team coordinator, senior designer and QA proofers.
The candidate must be familiar with the Adobe Suite of products, specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. Attention to detail, working within established timelines and meeting deadlines will be an important part of this position. A working knowledge of Photoshop and French will be considered assets.
• Using the translation sheets provided as a guideline, the successful candidate will re-design product labels to accommodate a second language, in this case French, in order to make all labels compliant under the Competition Bureau Guidelines.
• Following established guidelines and standards, the designer will start with existing English-only electronic art files. The designer will re-arrange the text and other design elements in order to
accommodate the additional French language elements provided, including titles, text highlights, warning messages and addressing information.
• The set of established guidelines must be followed for each label in order to be compliant. Each final label will be reviewed and proofed for accuracy and adherence to the guidelines before it is released for printing.
• Working with team members, managing the project and adhering to the existing standards, following the file naming tracking protocols will be part of the designer responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum 3-year college diploma in graphic design or 1-2 year college plus additional specialized training and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent.
• Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products, specifically: Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. Experience with Adobe CC7 is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to the location below by February 16th, 2018, or email to: email@example.com and reference the job title.
Attention: Human Resources Dept. Lee Valley Tools Ltd. 1090 Morrison Drive. Ottawa, ON K2H 1C2
Lee Valley Tools Ltd is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take reasonable steps when requested to accommodate people with disabilities. All offers of employment with Lee Valley/VERITAS are contingent on the successful completion of a background check conducted in accordance with company policy and provincial law.
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Lee Valley Tools
Ottawa, ON, CA
|Posted:||Feb 20, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|