Digital Broadcast Journalist (Morning News)
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a team of talented journalists, we encourage you to apply.
Digital Broadcast Journalist (VJ)
Job ID: CKND1802-05
Division: Global Winnipeg / News
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Global News is currently seeking a full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist (Group 4: Digital Broadcast Journalist) to join their team. This position is part of the Global News team which produces local newscasts 7-days a week. This position reports directly to the Managing Editor.
The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
As a Digital Broadcast Journalist, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Daily reporting of news and community events;
- Live on-air reporting;
- Shoot and Edit ENG video for broadcast and Online;
- Operate Dejero and other Cell or IP based technologies for live shots, live streams etc…
- Work with Global Winnipeg Photographers, Producers, Anchors and Management to develop content that informs and engages audiences on multiple platforms;
- Generate original and relevant story ideas;
- Write and produce content with multiple deadlines on a daily basis for multiple platforms
- Utilize new technology and social media on a daily basis to provide video, stills and streaming video for online, social media, and broadcast;
- Strong on-air presentation;
- Represent Global Winnipeg at public functions;
- Available to work weekdays, evenings, early mornings, and weekends;
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience;
- Experienced Journalist capable of reporting and anchoring daily news;
- Minimum 1 year prior reporting/anchoring experience is required;
- Strong writing and storytelling skills;
- Previous shooting and editing experience is an asset;
- Ability to go live from the field with strong presentation skills and clarity;
- Ability to work independently; accountable to the team and trustworthy;
- Must also work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude;
- Be able to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a team setting;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record;
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.), and related applications;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows;
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist, Group 4
How to Apply
Application deadline is March 1, 2018.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
3000-201 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Feb 21, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|