Digital Broadcast Journalist (Morning News)
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a team of talented journalists, we encourage you to apply.
Digital Broadcast Journalist (Morning News)
Job ID: CKND1802-06
Division: Global Winnipeg / News
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Global News is currently seeking a full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist (Group 4: Digital Broadcast Journalist) to join their team. This position is part of the Global News team which produces local newscasts 7-days a week. This position reports directly to the News Director.
The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
As a Digital Broadcast Journalist, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Work with news producers, reporters and assignment desk to coordinate broadcast and online news coverage for Global News - Winnipeg;
- Write news content for Broadcast and Online on a daily basis;
- Decide proper story treatment for local Online content;
- Ensure timely posting of breaking local news for broadcast and Online;
- Generate original and relevant story ideas;
- Reporting of News and Community Events;
- Watch news feeds/wire services and write news copy, newsbreaks and news updates on GlobalNews.ca/Winnipeg;
- Upload ENG visuals, stories, segments and other content to the website;
- Facilitate live streaming of news events;
- Technical Production of Weekday Morning shows;
- Coordinate, receive and troubleshoot live hits sent from remote hit sites;
- Edit voice overs, bumpers, stingers and other video elements as required;
- Available to work weekdays, evenings, early mornings, and weekends;
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience;
- Experienced Journalist capable of writing for online and broadcast with a high degree of clarity
- Strong news writing skills are a must;
- Strong storytelling skills;
- Familiarity with news websites and experience with editing tools and content management systems would be assets.
- Social media savvy is a must: ability to use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and location-based social media is essential;
- Excellent people skills and ability to work in both a team environment and solo when necessary;
- Ability to work independently; accountable to the team and trustworthy;
- Must also work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude;
- Be able to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a team setting;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record;
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.), and related applications;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows;
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system;
- Experience using WordPress VIP or a similar CMS will be an asset;
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist, Group 4
How to Apply
Application deadline - March 1 , 2018.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
3000-201 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Feb 21, 2018|