Canada Cinema Distribution, Inc.
Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Propelled by a culture of innovation and underpinned by a dedicated research organization, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and post-production services serving motion picture, television, and other media clients.
Technicolor’s premier, downtown-based Post Production house in Toronto offers cutting-edge audio and video post services for film, television and commercial productions. We offer comprehensive and flexible on-location services, dailies and front-end, digital intermediates, design & VFX, and sound services. Our facility is connected to Technicolor’s worldwide network of operations, further ensuring one consistent vision for our clients, from set to screen.
We are currently looking for a VFX Editor to join our growing Broadcast VFX Department.
The VFX Editor incorporates and updates all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of the VFX / live action sequences. The VFX Editor also has the ability to create a functioning environment where the Visual Effects Supervisor can evaluate any version of any shot in the current sequences, for aesthetic and technical direction. This position works closely with producers and project managers to manage all incoming media and outgoing deliverables.
- Maintain sync with outside editorial and the production team; Receive incoming sequences from editorial and spot for changes and alert production teams of new shots / omits / changes to existing shots
- Manage and document the turnover of shots from editorial through to delivery including ingesting new media into pipeline
- Ensure Shotgun is maintained with current shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions
- Ensure that published shots conform to the current edit and perform basic QC checks
- Support for delivery of visual effects shots, including but not limited to: creating QTs, digital file wrangling for Interdubs, Shotgun, RV and final DPX deliveries
- Prepare sequence edits for internal and client approvals when required
- Create daily playlists and operate the screening room system for dailies
- Perform shot specific colour corrections to match editorial reference when required
- Perform shot retimes to match supplied editorial reference when required
- Create rough shot mockups as proof of concept for artists and supervisors
- Work in partnership with vfx teams and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard while maintaining schedules.
- Update sequences with any changes to the cut and communicate changes to the VFX team.
- Cut in VFX works in progress and finals into master cut sequences, confirm timing, line-ups, and that the work matches what was requested in shot turnover sheets.
- Track shot for use in the Technicolor demo reels and any custom linkss
- Minimum 5 years of editing experience within the film and television industry
- An eye for detail and thorough understanding of techniques, file formats, colour-space, software and technology relating to the live action visual effects
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Resolve
- Working knowledge of Nuke, Shotgun and Tweak RV is considered and asset
- Proven accuracy and organizational experience
- Ability to convert between key numbers, time-codes and frames
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Proficient at working on time sensitive projects with passion & patience
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their cover letter, resume and/or reel by email with the subject reading “[VFX Toronto] VFX Editor” to the email link in this post.
Technicolor thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Technicolor is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us via email at the email link in this post..
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Canada Cinema Distribution, Inc.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 05, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|