Peel Regional Police
The Videographer is responsible for producing Peel Regional Police videos for internal and external distribution. This includes all aspects of pre-production, production and post-production (e.g. shooting, writing, and editing video and capturing/tracking analytics and/or other measures of success).
Pitches, researches, produces (writes, coordinates interviews, shoots, edits footage for) and posts engaging channel appropriate materials including videos, graphic presentations and/or photographic materials, animations and/or clips, social media content (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, livestream, Instagram, etc.) and website/intranet content, for both internal and external distribution.
Prepares and records and/or livestreams media for news conferences, presentations, special events both on-site and/or in the field. Assists with staging, set-up, and audio/visual support. This includes coordinating with external photographers, videographers from media outlets and/or external production companies to ensure audio, video, and lighting equipment are in place and optimized.
Maintains audio and video hardware and software upgrades. Notifies management of new technology trends and/or concerns with existing equipment or technology and future considerations.
Uploads videos to relevant platforms in the appropriate format; writes descriptions and adds metadata and tags needed for Search Engine Optimization and Accessibility Guidelines.
Ensures project alignment with corporate branding guidelines and policies.
Participates in team meetings and contributes/pitches video ideas (e.g. feature stories, clips etc.) in support of initiatives and campaigns related to the Strategic Plan and the Service's Corporate Communications objectives. Keeps track of trends including how to measure success of projects, and makes recommendations about future projects.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Broadcast Television/Videography, Film, Broadcast Journalism or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the TV broadcast and/or film production industry; experience in videography, lighting, sound and editing for live and televised venues.
- Experience in and familiarity with industry best practices for the entire video production process, including conceptualizing, script writing, location scouting, set-up, casting, filming, editing and final distribution in various digital formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of related computer applications (e.g. Adobe Photoshop and After Effects, Adobe Lightroom etc.).
- Fluency in social media platforms including (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Livestream, Instagram etc.).
- Experience with Avid Non-Linear Editing system preferred.
- Well-developed graphic skills.
- Experience with still photography preferred.
- Demonstrated speech and copy and video script writing skills.
- Demonstrated creative flair and excels at producing short videos about trending topics and finding a way to align relevance to the field of policing.
- Valid Ontario Driver
's Licence (Class G) with full driving privileges. Managing multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced work environment with shifting demands. Working knowledge of video best practices for web and social media platforms including video quality, lighting, formatting, style etc. Experience working in team environments and also independently with little supervision.
Applicants will be required to successfully complete the following tests:
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- Technical Skills Assessment
- Driver Evaluations
Software skill levels have been determined on the basis of those identified in the Position Analysis Questionnaire (PAQ). Members applying to a position requiring a higher proficiency level than their current position requires, will be required to demonstrate such proficiency through applicable Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 testing to be eligible for advancement to the interview stage of the process.
Peel Regional Police
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Mar 05, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)