At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
We are looking for an experienced, out-of-the-box thinker to lead the CityNews team in Winnipeg. To be a successful candidate, you will know what content our viewers want and how to deliver those compelling stories on all platforms. You must be a proven innovator, who knows how to emphasize creativity over tradition. You must be a solution-oriented person who doesn't shy away from challenges. You will also have the leadership skills necessary to lead, manage and coach the news team and production workflow in Winnipeg.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate and lead the editorial and technical direction of local news content produced out of Winnipeg
- Assigning Video Journalists and other staff to specific editorial content
- Providing leadership, direction and feedback to employees on editorial and productions aspects
- Elevate editorial/journalistic standards for the content team and work with operations/production to ensure smooth technical execution
- Work collaboratively with management to ensure Rogers TV policies and guidelines are followed and CRTC compliance targets are achieved
- Supervise production staff, talent and volunteers involved in programming. Attend meetings and supervise productions at facilities. Consistently provide constructive feedback and direction through teaching and coaching opportunities
- Oversee and provide leadership for special event coverage. Lead special projects including capital activity, election coverage, town hall meetings, debates, and programs that are responsive to community issues
- Establish quality control guidelines, standards and processes to continually improve programming activities
- Carry out administrative duties, including staff scheduling, training, performance reviews, budget preparation, health and safety initiatives and month-end reports
- Be prepare to adjust work schedules and on-air programs to respond to timely and relevant issues
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule as requested or required
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory role or related experience leading teams in a Broadcast/Digital News environment
- Strong editorial judgement and awareness of current events
- A keen creative eye, with an understanding of the importance of technical production standards, journalistic integrity, good story telling, show structures, line-up judgement and formats
- An ability to lead teams directly and indirectly as well as remotely, and experience in scheduling shift work
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to meet daily deadlines
- Patience and coaching skills to help develop staff, volunteer crew and co-operative education students
- Post-secondary degree in journalism and/or television production
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 166 Osborne Street Unit 4 (095), Winnipeg, MB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 120201
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
Simplify and innovate
Take ownership of the what and the how
Equip people to succeed
Execute with discipline and pride
Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.