Sr. Online Producer
Senior Online Producer
Job ID: CKND1805-02
Division: Winnipeg / News
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Global News is currently seeking a full-time online supervisor reporting to the News Director, who will be responsible for overseeing a team of award-winning journalists based in Winnipeg.
The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends, writing local and network content as well as editing and uploading video for all platforms as required.
As a Senior Online Producer, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Lead a team of online journalists in Winnipeg.
- Encourage, direct and oversee the production and promotion of compelling content for globalnews.ca.
- Supervise the online work of producers, writers, photographers and reporters
- Communicate, teach, track and model Global News’ best practices in digital journalism.
- Write, post and promote online content, including on-air appearances as required.
- Champion online coverage at meetings and throughout the day to ensure digital platforms are prioritized.
- Teach, advocate and drive original story telling techniques on our digital platforms.
- Strategize, develop, implement and oversee strategies that maximize opportunities that create great content from radio and ensure that content is properly integrated on globalnews.ca
- Report on top-performing content to help inform editorial decisions for all publishing platforms.
- Assist in developing and executing strategies to grow and engage our audience on globalnews.ca and social media. Monitor real-time site performance and work with online staff to optimize.
- Work with the Managing Editor, News Director, Executive Producer and others to implement a flexible workflow that supports multi-platform content production.
- Maintain regular contact with fellow Global News digital leaders and communicate key changes and improvements to staff and managers.
- Participate in planning of special news, community and marketing events and projects. Support marketing with online and social efforts, as required.
- Ensure all online stories are vetted for content, grammar and style. Work with the Managing
Editor and News Director to improve your own and your team’s writing skills.
- Ensure local and wire content is posted and promoted in a timely fashion.
- Oversee access to official accounts on social networks in conjunction with Social Desk. Ensure content is promoted optimally.
- Oversee viewer relations on social media. Resolve and respond to website user complaints and feedback.
- Support advertising and sponsorship efforts, as required.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in journalism, communications or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Comprehensive understanding and extensive experience with WordPress.
- Proficient in social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Experience supervising or leading a team is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Editing experience is required.
- Position may involve a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Successful candidate must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
A positive, can-do attitude is essential.
This is a bargaining unit position of Sr. Online Producer – Group 5
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
May 7, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
3000-201 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||May 03, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|