Digital Broadcast Journalist (Producer)
Digital Broadcast Journalist (Producer)
Job ID: CKND1805-01
Division: Global Winnipeg / News
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Global News is currently seeking a full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist (Group 4: Digital Broadcast Journalist) to join their team. This position is part of the Global News team which produces local newscasts 7-days a week. This position reports directly to the News Director.
The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
As a Digital Broadcast Journalist, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Daily reporting of news and community events;
- Shoot and Edit ENG video for broadcast and Online;
- Operate Dejero and other Cell or IP based technologies for live shots, live streams etc…
- Work with Photographers, Producers, Anchors and Management to develop content that informs and engages audiences on multiple platforms;
- Generate original and relevant story ideas;
- Coordinate and work proactively with Producers and other production team members;
- Provide organization and logistics support when needed;
- Ensure news coverage is timely and accurate on all platforms;
- Write and produce content with multiple deadlines on a daily basis for multiple platforms;
- Utilize new technology and social media on a daily basis to provide video, stills and streaming video for online, social media, and broadcast;
- Represent Global Winnipeg at public functions;
- Available to work weekdays, evenings, early mornings, and weekends;
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience;
- Experienced Journalist capable of reporting daily news;
- Minimum 1 year prior producing experience is required;
- Strong writing and storytelling skills;
- Previous shooting and editing experience is an asset;
- Ability to work independently; accountable to the team and trustworthy;
- Must also work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude;
- Must have a strong sense of news and be capable of being decisive when making decisions
- Be able to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a team setting;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record;
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.), and related applications;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows;
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
This is a bargaining unit position of Digital Broadcast Journalist, Group 4
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalWinnipegCareers@corusent.com by May 7, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
3000-201 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||May 03, 2018|