News Editor MMAFeatured
theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular multi-sport news and data apps in North America, serving millions of fans a month. The Company also creates innovative digital sports experiences through its web, social and esports platforms.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Produce feature stories to reflect current MMA news.
- Produce push alerts, aggregate news content and breaking news from a variety of sources.
- Consult with editors on how to develop breaking news items throughout the day.
- Use a variety of media - including audio, video, and social media to enhance both spot and breaking news items.
- Other duties as required
- Extensive knowledge of MMA (UFC and Bellator).
- 2+ years experience writing/editing with a focus on MMA.
- A degree in journalism is preferred.
- Experience in sports media; digital focus is preferred.
- Experience writing feature articles and conducting interviews.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take on other projects as they come up.
- Flexibility with regards to scheduling and an ability to work nights and weekends.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 18, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.
500 King Street West
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||May 07, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)