The Application Deadline for this job posting is coming soon. Apply by May 28, 2018!
News/Operations Summer Student
APTN is looking for __8__ Summer Students to join our News team in Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Vancouver, Whitehorse and Halifax! Are you currently enrolled in a post-secondary program related to Broadcasting? Do you want to complement your knowledge with valuable hands on experience, during your summer break? If you said yes, then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Your opportunity as a Summer Student with APTN National News:
- Become part of the News team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
- Learn from seasoned Journalism/Broadcasting Professionals
- Apply your recently acquired knowledge to a workplace setting
- Contribute to a team that provides coverage of issues facing Indigenous communities Locally, Nationally & Worldwide
As our News team Summer Student you will:
- Monitor National/Local news and events for relevancy and stays informed on current and emerging issues
- Research ideas, leads/tips and gather, verify information and organize materials
- Gathers content for News & Current Affairs multi-platform use
- Relevant education from a Post-Secondary institution, with the intention of returning to school on a full time basis in the next academic year
- A keen eye for the details, strong computer skills
- Solid time management skills as you’ll need to meet a variety of set deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
Your new opportunity awaits, come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers for young people!
Please APPLY before Monday, May 28, 2018, to successfully apply for this epic summer opportunity!
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
339 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||May 15, 2018|
|Closing:||May 28, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)