News Editor Presenter (English Services) - REG00471
News Editor Presenter (English Services) - REG00471
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Regina
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity. This is a two day a week News Editor Presenter role (Saturday and Sunday) with three days a week fulfilling the role of Reporter/Editor.
We are looking for an experienced News/Editor Presenter for our radio news program at CBC Saskatchewan. The News/Editor Presenter is a key player in the news team. The successful candidate is an exceptional journalist, leader and thrives in the fast-paced, high-pressure world of breaking news. The ability to go live and "off script" at a moment's notice is highly valued.
Reporting to the Executive Producer - News, you'll play an integral editorial and leadership role in preparing and presenting the daily news for a province-wide audience. You will contribute to the planning, design and organization of the program, propose program ideas, conduct interviews on or off air, and interact with program participants.You will write and edit radio scripts in coordination with the assignment desk and the reporting team.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout the province. You’re innovative and will try new things, new workflows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Saskatchewan and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content.
Culture: You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful workplace.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- A journalism degree or equivalent preferred.
- Five years of comparable and relevant experience that demonstrates knowledge of the broadcasting industry preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada's insurance company.
- Demonstrated understanding and awareness of issues and events particular to Saskatchewan and to daily news.
- Excellent reporting, interviewing and writing skills.
- Ability to generate original story ideas and creative treatments;
- An engaging on-air presence.
- The ability to evaluate and analyze a broad range of issues, and to tell those stories with clarity and in a manner that relates the stories to the people affected by them.
- Strong presentation style and ease with live work.
- Able to present material with credibility and authority in a range of situations including live events and breaking news.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and team playing skills.
- Creative, flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to fulfill the role of Reporter/Editor.
Please include additional documentation or a link to your online demo or website, blog or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5b01c182931590043f4bdbba/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Regina, SK, CA
|Posted:||May 24, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)