Reporter/Editor (English Services) - WIN00708
Reporter/Editor (English Services) - WIN00708
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Winnipeg
Status of Employment: Temporary, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are looking for a reporter who is connected to this community, who knows how to find original stories and who has a passion for storytelling. The successful candidate is a creative, strong critical thinker who can tell compelling stories on multiple platforms: digital, radio and television. The successful candidate will be expected to report breaking news, produce original journalism and write stories and analysis for online platforms. The candidate must demonstrate and maintain exceptional skill in writing about Manitoba issues in a clear and concise manner.
We have two temporary full time opportunities until June 2019 and February 2020 respectively.
You will play an integral role in the Local Services strategy with a focus on three priorities:
- Content: In this role, you will ensure that all CBC journalistic standards are met and that our stories are fair, balanced, accurate, thoughtful, immediate and resonate with the communities we serve. You will further our original, enterprise and investigative storytelling and ensure we are talking about what matters most to people throughout Winnipeg and the rest of the province. You’re innovative and will try new things, new workflows and new story treatments. You inspire others to do the same.
- Community: As the industry shifts, local news and community storytelling is more important than ever. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Manitoba and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content.
- Culture: You live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- An ability to generate, pitch and pursue strong, creative story ideas.
- Story-teller with a strong demonstrated connection to the diversity of Winnipeg and Manitoba.
- Proven ability to work in diverse teams.
- Working knowledge of digital news including social media.
- Flexibility with hours of work and willingness to learn and take on new tasks across all CBC platforms.
- Sound news judgment and ability to work effectively under newsroom deadline pressure.
- Experience in determining potential legal and journalistic issues and ability to act on them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong team player.
- Ability to generate original, enterprise journalism.
- High energy and enthusiasm towards journalism.
- University degree or equivalent with a minimum of three years of recent, related experience.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including early starts, late finishes and weekends.
Please include additional documentation or a link to your online demo or website, blog or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5b324af16e51714b2e8ac615/51fc022158b70066fae49ff7/en
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Jun 27, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)