Corus Entertainment is looking for an experienced and dynamic full time Creative Writer to join our Creative Services team in Edmonton. If you are passionate about writing compelling ads that drive results, this could be the career for you. This position requires the perfect blend of creative talent, marketing savvy, teamwork and a genuine desire to super serve our internal and external clients. Reporting to the Creative Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Create effective, engaging, and compelling radio creative for a diverse client base for both Edmonton and Winnipeg markets.
- Collaborate with sales, promotions, new media, and production teams to develop successful advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Create radio creative to match existing station brands, and target specific demographics and listening audiences.
- Provide an exceptional level of internal and external client service.
- Prioritization and management of workload in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
What We Need From You:
- Minimum 3 years major market radio copywriting experience
- Exceptional creativity and writing skills
- Ability to develop a creative strategy that meets clients’ marketing needs
- Ability to self-manage, and strong time management, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to relate with diverse clientele
- Proficient in MS Word, knowledge of traffic scheduling system (Wide Orbit preferred), and awareness and understanding of basic audio editing software, and audio library programs.
- Excellent grasp of pop culture, broadcast standards, and radio landscape
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and creative portfolio to: (Rob Birk; Creative Director, Corus Radio Edmonton) no later than July 15th, 2018
*Please include Position Name in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Job Type: Full-time
Edmonton, AB, CA
|Posted:||Jul 04, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|