Sports Show Host
Sports Show Host – Full Time
Are you a creative, curious person who is passionate about sports in Winnipeg? Do you enjoy working on a dynamic team of people committed to serving the community with information and conversation? Global News Radio - 680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for a full-time sports show host in our Winnipeg location.
Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for presenting a compelling, story-driven sports radio show five evenings a week, and to produce sports-related content on multiple Corus platforms.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Produce and host a sports show of the highest degree of quality that focuses on strong storytelling and appeals to a wide variety of sports fans.
- Produce sports-related content across all Corus platforms, including cjob.com and globalwinnipeg.ca.
- Write and deliver sportscasts on 680 CJOB.
- Maintain a strong social media presence that engages our audience.
- Build a strong personal sports brand.
- Grow relationships with local sports teams, players and officials across Manitoba.
- Embrace and demonstrate Corus Entertainment’s five values.
- Represent 680 CJOB and Corus in the community.
- Perform other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Basic sports knowledge is a must, but the successful candidate will be a strong storyteller who can recognize the human interest side of sports.
- Strong personality that engages the audience.
- Proven understanding of how to build interesting and engaging audio content.
- Connections in the local sports community.
- Ability to work independently, be accountable to the team and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong writing skills.
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc)
- Ability to meet strict, short deadlines and work well under pressure.
- At least two years of broadcasting experience ideal, but not required.
- Familiarity with WordPress and CP style an asset.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you!
- Passion for broadcast and the human side of sports.
- A positive attitude, and a love for collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by July 20, 2018 to:
680 CJOB Executive Producer
Please clearly identify the job title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
200 - 1440 Jack Blick Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Jul 05, 2018|