Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about News? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a team of talented journalists, we encourage you to apply.
Job ID: CKND1807-02
Division: Global Winnipeg
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role:
Global News is currently seeking a full-time Executive Producer to join their team. This is a key leadership position and part of a management team that leads an award winning newsroom developing content for TV, Radio, Online and Social Media 7-days a week. This position reports directly to the News Director.
The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings and weekends.
As Executive Producer, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Ensure timely and effective communication across all dayparts between TV, Radio and Online;
- Working with the management team and others, oversee planning for special events and live on location broadcasts
- Drive digital first initiatives for online platforms;
- Lead a team of Anchors, Producers and Writers providing regular coaching sessions, performance reviews and goal setting;
- Develop and deliver strong engagement initiatives designed to help employees grow in their positions;
- Manage performance, providing coaching for employees and celebrating high performers and innovative thinkers
- Responsible for the on-air look, sound and feel of TV newscasts;
- Working with Anchors, Reporters, VJ’s, and Producers – build value around top stories in every newscast through proper show production, pacing, framing, breaking news execution:
- Identify opportunities to share content across platforms with an understanding of what works best for each medium;
- Advocate for community focused and sales integrated content and assist in ensuring proper execution;
- Collaborate with the Managing Editor on story selection, placement and treatment and assist in vetting scripts with particular focus on strong storytelling;
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in broadcast television in addition to five years’ experience in a related field;
- Be a proven leader that can motivate and engage staff while getting results;
- Strong writing and organizational skills and a proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Work cooperatively with others in a teamwork setting;
- Positive, can do attitude, proven track record of accountability;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record;
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc), and related applications;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation;
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs. You wake up in the middle of the night with good ideas.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalWinnipegCareers@corusent.com by
August 10, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
3000-201 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB, CA
|Posted:||Jul 26, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|