The Application Deadline for this job posting is Tomorrow. Apply by Aug 17, 2018!
Peel District School Board
Media Technology Support SpecialistFeatured
Media Technology Support Specialist
With a knowledge base that combines expertise in media production, audio/visual support, videography and photography with multi-tasking abilities, you are ready to become part of a team of Media Technology Support Specialists supporting students and staff across the Peel District School Board (PDSB).
Reporting to the Supervisor, Media Technology Support, you will work within this team of experts in providing audio/visual and media production support to schools and departments across the Board. Whether on site or remotely, you can and will do it all: supply, transport, set up and operate A/V and lighting equipment at Board and school events, conferences and functions, as well as troubleshoot any related issues.
Your broad knowledge of media technology won’t just be used to support video, multimedia, photography, storyboarding, shooting and editing activities. You’ll also share that skill set and your coaching abilities to guide the design and installation of sound and lighting systems, provide training to staff in the effective use of various media technologies, and conduct media workshops for students on video production, audio and related media production topics. A collaborative team player, you will work closely with educators, administrators and business staff to ensure that media technology requirements are understood and effectively supported, and co-ordinate with other Board resources to complete projects in a successful, timely manner.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Media Technology Support Specialist, you will have an opportunity to apply your degree or post-secondary diploma in Media Arts or a related field and your minimum of five (5) years’ experience in media production and audio/visual support. In addition, you will demonstrate the following strengths:
- Extensive experience in photography and videography using the latest camera technology and related equipment;
- Demonstrated experience in photo and video editing and post-production using Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and other industry-standard video and audio post-production software;
- Experience with scriptwriting and storyboarding;
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, audio/visual setups and support;
- Ability to train students and staff;
- Project management skills to produce detailed production plans and schedules;
- Excellent time management skills to handle multiple, competing demands and priorities;
- Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with Board personnel and technical staff;
- Demonstrated initiative and organization skills; and
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
Salary: $52,244 - $60,479 per annum
To apply for the position of Media Technology Support Specialist, please complete an online application through applytoeducation. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 17, 2018.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.
|Category:||Film / Video|
Peel District School Board
5650 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Aug 03, 2018|
|Closing:||Aug 17, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)