General Sales ManagerFeatured
GENERAL SALES MANAGER – INDIE 88 TORONTO
Indie 88 is in search of a General Sales Manager to lead our team of digital media and radio account executives.
We are an independent broadcasting company. We know that being an independent operator in Toronto is challenging and competitive, which is why we’re always learning, innovating, and adapting to the changing landscape. We still believe radio is fun, and that the power of radio and digital media comes from our people, which is why we’re looking for someone who understands how to bring out the best in a team. We are looking for a hands-on coach who will lead by example to inspire our local account executives to succeed as a team.
Why we’ll love you
- You are a proven performer who is ready for a new challenge. You have the ability to write sales strategies and champion the flawless execution of those strategies.
- You foster a positive environment, and have a desire to bring out greatness in others.
- You are a marketer at heart. You are strategic, creative and customer service oriented.
- You believe in a consultative approach, and assist account executives to uncover clients’ marketing and advertising needs, and building an integrated advertising solution that twill achieve their goals.
- You are curious and are up to date on current marketing and digital trends.
- Your toolkit will include traditional broadcast advertisements, our digital properties, content sponsorships, promotions, onsite activations, and social media marketing.
Strategy Development & Execution:
- Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet station’s revenue goals.
- Work with sales account managers, programming, promotions, and digital departments to develop creative solutions tailored to the clients’ needs.
- Develop pricing strategies and maintain the integrity of the rate card.
- Emphasize customer-service and consultative selling
- Assist account executives with identifying leads and prospecting strategies.
- Attend high profile account presentations, provide coaching and leadership to the sales account executives.
- Develop and build relationships with clients by providing quality customer service
Team Building & Leadership:
- Identify, recruit, train, coach, manage and develop high-performance sales talent.
- Build a successful team to ensure continued growth.
- Maintain an ongoing recruitment effort to ensure a top quality team, always having a bench of 3 or more candidates.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with account managers, evaluate pending business for conversion, and note in CRM system.
- Lead Sales staff meetings and training sessions.
- Lead by example.
- Set goals and quarterly budgets for all members of your team.
- Monitor your team’s performance with consistent positive reinforcement.
- Manage administrative functions connected with forecasting revenue, rate, pricing and order approvals
- Manage inventory and reporting in Marketron.
- Ensure customer relationships are managed appropriately at the local-direct, agency, and national rep shop level.
- Manage the relationship with the National sales team ensuring that all requests for proposal are responded to in an effective and efficient manner.
- Lead communication with other departments to assure quality service when placing orders and arranging promotions
You will also possess excellent writing and presentation skills and have the ability to ‘wow’ clients.
We’re inventing as we go along, so we need people with an innovative, “start-up” mindset, who are flexible and work well with others.
And it goes without saying that you’re a believer in the power of radio and online media to build brands!
How to apply: Please apply with your resume in confidence to Megan Bingley, General Manager at email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest, but only the very best will be invited for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.
20 Hanna Ave
Toronto, ON, CA
|Tags:||radio, sales, advertising, marketing, creative, management, online, digital|
|Posted:||Aug 27, 2018|