Graphic Layout Artist
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Are you always looking for ways to improve your skills and the work you do? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 6,500 employees in Canada and the United States, and revenues of C$2.0 billion in 2017. With our 3 business segments in Print, Media and Packaging we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Premedia team. Our Premedia team is the largest division of its kind in Canada. With over 500 talented employees in our group, we are proud to provide our national retail and CPG customers with key services ranging from creative, photo/video, language services, production, packaging and technology solutions. You will join this very passionate and dynamic team, in an exciting environment that is second to none!
About this opportunity
Our Graphic Layout Artists are the creators behind the many flyers seen by consumers across the country. A GLA will utilize their talent to generate, format and assemble electronic layouts for print and digital media. With a strong foundation in computer graphics and working knowledge of programs such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, a GLA will have the opportunity to produce flyers, catalogues and signage that help Canadian retailers reach their target consumers.
This position is responsible for overseeing electronic layout of print media that includes determining the elements required for the page layout. The incumbent will determine the text, artwork, colours and file types and formats to produce the flyer and/or catalogue that are aligned with the customer’s requirements and Company standards.
What you will do
- Generate electronic layouts by assembling the digital elements of the document;
- Input required graphic elements such as artwork;
- Produce templates for page layouts in collaboration with the design team;
- Ensure projects are created to specification and produce proofs for approval;
- Format all files to print standards;
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (or work experience equivalent) in computer graphics or print production;
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Graphic Layout Artist;
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (CS6 – CC2017)
- Working knowledge of the Prinergy workflow
- Solid understanding of the Mac Operating System (OSX);
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Retail Graphic Layout experience an asset;
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to perform under pressure and demonstrated leadership skills, work well within a team environment;
- Be results - and detail-oriented.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Mississauga, ON, CA
|Posted:||Sep 10, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)