Evening Anchor/Reporter Bell Media
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape our future.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours/Week
The Evening Anchor/Reporter writes & produces evening newscasts between 6:30pm – 11:00pm. The position also serves as News Anchor and reporter on-air as required.
- Serve as news writer & presenter for hourly radio newscasts including researching, writing and compiling
- news stories, scheduling live interviews and supporting the talk shows
- Generate original stories
- Update and contribute news stories to NewsTalk1010.com/Twitter/Facebook /Instagram
- Contribute live coverage to NewsTalk1010 talk shows
- Record overnight news & weather
- Contribute to special programming including the production of original series & documentaries
- The selected candidate must be able to quickly switch priorities, multi-task, and work as a team
- Other duties as asked
- Minimum 3 years on-air broadcast news experience
- Must be a master conversationalist, personality driven, with solid writing & on-air delivery skills
- Must have an insatiable curiosity
- Knowledge & understanding of the greater Toronto area issues
- Ability to handle shift work
- Dedication to uncovering breaking stories
- Strong interviewing skills
- Demonstrate ability to work under deadline pressure
- Proficient in Digital & Social Media
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s license
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.bellmedia.ca. Internal candidates please apply through Jobs@Bell on Bellnet and log in using your Entry Point login. *MUST SUBMIT DEMO TAPE TO BE CONSIDERED*
Please quote reference number: 213108
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Media - Talent
Position Level: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 09/24/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Please note that the only information related to the Performance Management Process (PMP) that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your current rating (Exceeds, Achieves, etc.). A more detailed copy of your PMP may be requested at a later date.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Sep 11, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)