Trinity Western University
Visual Design Specialist
The Visual Design Specialist will act as a visual design expert within the Marketing and Communications department to help organize and implement Visual design direction for internal and external communications, provide hands-on design and provide strategic support and direction for design work in both electronic and print media.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Visual Design Production:
- Manage the flow of design production ensuring design is completed according to project timelines.
- Work with Executive Director, Marketing and Communications to manage design production processes.
- Produce high quality graphic design work, including photography and illustration.
- Consult with the Executive Director in approving final design of major projects including recruitment, fundraising, student retention.
- Creative Concept and Design:
- Create aspects of projects in collaboration with Marketing and Communications team members and clients.
- Ensure the creative brief leads to effective processes for concept development
- Keep current with design trends and brand movement in higher education.
- Understand client goals and cultivate openness to design solutions for effective communication projects. Estimate design time for projects.
Servant-leader way of life: Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Received Executive Director, Marketing and Communications
Job Standards & Requirements
Bachelor degree in visual design, communications or fine arts is required; further education in the arts preferred.
5-6 years visual design experience is preferred
Expertise in Adobe InDesign and a sound working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and the prepress process
- Strong sense of design principles and ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Understanding of the importance of house style and templates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work to deadline and effectively multitask several projects with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible and shifting deadlines.
Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. Impeccable character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at anytime at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Salary Classification: MM1
Agreed to by: E.D., Marketing and Communications and E.D., Human Resources
Updated: October 2018
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Trinity Western University
Langley, BC, CA
|Posted:||Oct 09, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)