Bilingual Editor (Contract)
As a Bilingual Editor (Contract), you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content in both English & French for Captivate’s network of digital screens in the office environment. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space in both English and French with minimal translation
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original programming features
What You Bring To The Team:
- Bilingualism in English & French is a must
- A Bachelor of Journalism or degree in another relevant field
- At least 2 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with CP style
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop
- Meticulous copyediting skills, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily
- The ability to work in a contract role; 25-35 hours a week
Please note that this is a contract assignment. The contractor hired will work out of our office in Toronto, ON. We’re looking for someone to come in mid-day & cover the afternoon/early evening shift. If this arrangement works for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Why You Should Work with Captivate
Captivate encourages work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. If you are looking to join a growing, dynamic company with a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, Captivate is for you!
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!
Connect with us on social media!
55 University Ave.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 09, 2018|
|Closing:||Dec 07, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)