Junior Designer - Communications & Infographics
Design for an agency ... without the clients.
In this role, you will design infographics, photographic styling and compilations, presentation graphics, video graphic assets and more for multiple online brands for Gateway Blend. We are an internet media company with a portfolio of high-traffic online brands that specialize in presenting engaging content to more than 100 million visitors monthly.
*Please make sure a link to your portfolio is included on your resume*
Our energetic product development team is growing rapidly and looking for a Junior Designer with a visual communications emphasis. Candidates should have strong visual organization skills and be capable of designing and illustrating in varied styles while creating/maintaining standard graphic and illustration styles for individual brands.
- Conceptualize graphic interpretations of written content and data for iteration and approval
- Wireframe process-oriented visual communications for concept iteration and approval
- Research & design final graphics for data visualizations, infographics, photographic styles/compilations, video support graphics, presentation support graphics and more
- Help establish graphic communication styles for individual brands and ensure all graphic communication assets align with individual product brand missions
- Research and identify new ways to use visual communication graphics to maximize the effectiveness of our online brands
- Miscellaneous digital and print design support for branded and corporate communications
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Associates or BS degree in graphic design or related field, or 1-3 years related experience. Open to candidates still in school or just out of school
- Proficiency using illustration, text and photography for data and conceptual visualization
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Proficiency with Illustrator
- Proficiency with traditional drawing and illustration materials
- Experience with animating graphics for Web and or video applications a plus
- Experience with Sketch and InVision Prototyping a plus
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Lightroom, Premier and Animate a plus
Benefits of Working at Gateway Blend:
- Competitive base salary with bonus
- 100% company paid for medical coverage for employee and family
- Matching 401K
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Centrally located in downtown Clayton with free covered parking
Gateway Blend's online properties specialize in presenting engaging content to more than 100 million visitors monthly. Gateway Blend is comprised of over 70 employees in both St. Louis and Toronto. Gateway Blend, and this opportunity, are located in St. Louis, Missouri.
At Gateway Blend, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Oct 11, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)