RYU Apparel Inc.
West Vancouver, BC
Senior Graphic Designer
We don’t walk here. We run.
We take the stairs ‘cause it’s faster.
We have no time for the status quo.
Our mission is bigger than that.
We are looking for a rock star creative, a talented senior graphic designer who can hit the ground running and help continue taking our RYU apparel brand to the next level. Reporting to the Creative Director and collaborating with wider RYU teams to conceptualise and then create astounding work for both digital and print.
Looking for a creative, talented senior graphic designer to bring our RYU appeal brand to the next level. Reporting to the Creative Director and collaborating with marketing team to create astounding all print & web graphic needs on daily basis.
Who We're Looking For
- Highly creative
- Solid communicator
- Partner with marketing and stakeholders to create and sharpen briefs and lead collaborative ideation with cross-functional teams
- Align the spirit and personality of the RYU brand across all channels
- Manage large and complex projects or programs, managing risks and resource requirements
- Translate briefs and marketing plans into creative concepts
- Create all creative assets:
- Social media and website imagery
- Print material for use at marketing events and at retail level
- In-house presentations
- Email newsletter creative and layouts
- Event invitations
- Any other tasks required by the Retail, Design, Community teams
- Produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Manage and select in-house photography
- Expert in creative uses of social media
- Deliver all required creative on time and budget
- Bring a warm, positive and fun energy to the workspace
- Encourage, support and inspire team members
- Effectively lead creative teams through project ideation and production
- Externally coordinate with suppliers & consultants and develop the relationships
- Keep up on latest industry, technical trends and best practices and successfully apply them
- Share knowledge, experience and skill with the team
- Skilled in art direction and production, visual design, motion design and user experience design
- Expert-level knowledge of current trends in color, technology, communications, experience, art and other design influences
- Conceptual thinker with an innovative process and problem solving attitude
- Expertise working with digital platforms, emerging technologies
- Present creative concepts confidently to leadership and stakeholders
Education and Qualification
- Graphic Design certificate and /or Bachelor's degree in design; communication design, advertising design or interaction design
- 5-8+ years of graphic design experience; within apparel preferred
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, InDesign, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Active in fitness
Respect Your Universe is tailored innovation for the urban athlete. Designed without compromise, RYU apparel and accessories are built to facilitate human performance.
- Work with remarkable team
- Be part of a movement that is disrupting athletic apparel innovations
- Surround yourself with like minded individuals
- Competitive pay
- Grow with us ... our team has grown 45% in 2017
- Enjoy 60% discount
- Great growth potential
- #4 of 16 best Vancouver companies to work for!
Like what you hear? If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for ... apply with your resume, cover letter and portfolio link/website. Candidates who submit a 60 second video to tell them about themselves show us you go the extra mile.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in RYU.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. RYU is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that RYU equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
RYU Apparel Inc.
West Vancouver, BC, CA
|Posted:||Nov 06, 2018|
(This company has provided an external site for you to apply)