Canadian Mental Health Association
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Ontario, is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that works to improve the lives of all Ontarians through leadership, collaboration and continual pursuit of excellence in community-based mental health and addictions services. Our vision is a society that embraces and invests in the mental health of all people. We are a trusted advisor to government, contributing to health systems development through policy formulation and recommendations that promote positive mental health. Our 30 local CMHA branches, together with community-based mental health and addictions service providers across the province, serve approximately 500,000 Ontarians each year.
We are seeking an energetic team player to join our busy and dynamic communications department in the role of graphic designer. The successful candidate will be an in-house creative resource to support the communications team as it collaborates with CMHA Ontario departments and CMHA’s network of 30 local branches. This position is responsible for the creative aspects of designing and developing communications material for CMHA Ontario and our associated brands in a fast-paced, fun and demanding environment. Note: including this position, CMHA has two graphic designers on staff.
To be considered for this role, you must possess a solid foundation in graphic design essentials and use these traits to conceptualize and execute various CMHA Ontario communication materials, both digital and print. The successful candidate will:
- Bring CMHA Ontario brands to life by developing and designing print and digital materials that clearly communicate ideas and initiatives to our various audiences.
- Translate mental health and addictions information into graphical design concepts for both digital and print platforms.
- Be proficient in the production of an assortment of communications materials including annual reports, infographics, brochures, flyers, posters, postcards, etc.
- Possess an excellent understanding of current digital design trends.
- Have demonstrated artistic and conceptual abilities in creating designs for engaging and dynamic user experiences.
- Have the ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into images, layouts and other designs in a timely fashion.
- Be detailed oriented, able to work on more than one assignment at a time and provide quick turnaround.
- Proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Be knowledgeable of print production processes and colour separation.
- Have a post-secondary degree in graphic arts & design or a related field and possess relevant work experience.
Experience and technical expertise in web development – including application of web accessibility, testing, usability and search engine optimization – an asset. Experience with video production and editing is also an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all individuals with relevant experience, people with disabilities, including people with lived experience of mental health and addictions issues and family members. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $54,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite: 5 years (Preferred)
- developing and designing print and digital material: 5 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
|Category:||Graphics / Web|
Canadian Mental Health Association
Toronto, ON, CA
|Posted:||Nov 08, 2018|
|Apply Now (This company has requested a direct email with resume attached)|